Brake issue !!!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by 265CupAsh, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Hi peeps

Removed all calipers for a colour change. Stripped them all down bare had painted etc. Rebuilt the calipers, new seals , making sure clean dust free etc also fitted rear braided lines.

I refitted tonight and flushed through with RBF600. Have bled all 4 corners until clean clear fluid with NO airbuilds has come out. Went round 4 times.

So the issue is that there is no firmness to the pedal unless I pump it, if I just randomly jump on the pedal it will have more travel than normal and the brakes do not perform correctly, but if I pump it just before I hit the pedal they work as they should!!

Could this be air in the system still or something else???? Also to add no leaks of any sort I can see.

2. Yep still air in the system.

Which order did you bleed your brakes.

Did you use a pressure bleeder

Mikey4410 likes this.
  3. Yeah obviously can only be air in system,could be air caught up in or near abs area.And also have u bled the clutch as this may help. I hope u gwt it sorted matey

4. Order of bleed was RR , RL , FR FL so furthest to closet. Didn't use a pressure bleeder no just old fashion up down open close. Wil probs take it to a generic garage today as they will have the equipment I don't really want to buy.

Mikey4410 likes this.
  5. Haven't done the clutch yet no but will get that done today aswell

Mikey4410 likes this.
  6. Air in abs pump would be my guess, try get the abs to activate then re bleed or activate the actuators using clip

7. It has gone to my local auto centre as I don't have access to clip :worried:

8. So just got it back and they bled it with the ABS pump and said they got a bit of air out of it :/ while it does feel a little better it is still lacking until I pump the pedal a few times :worried: could it still be air trapped somewhere or something else ?? Did I mention I'm heading off to the ring next weekend

9. Could still have air in it. I'd take it out and get the abs to kick in a few times. You can then re bleed it again and see if there's any more bubbles coming out.

265CupAsh likes this.
  10. Are your brakes feeling any better or are they still spongy