225 Boss kit compatibility

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Jamesycc, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Just thought I'd do a post on boss kits as I couldn't find any definitive answers very easily.

Trying to determine which boss kit fitted the megane 225/R26 proved to be trickier than I thought. After much research and digging around I can confirm 2 boss kits that will fit.

The first and more popular is an Omp version.

Part number OD/1960re117a.

It's listed as a RS Clio 197 or 200 fitment but the but megane splines on the column are the same as the Clio's.

Now as the Omp boss is pretty pricey at nearly £90 I thought I'd see if any other brand fitted.

Simoni list a boss kit that fits RS Clio 2006 onwards. So knowing that a 197 steering wheel is a straight swap and the Omp one is listed as a Clio fitment I took a punt and ordered a Simoni one.

I'm pleased say it fits fine and is just as good a quality as the Omp boss I fitted in my old 172. It's also a fair bit cheaper, £57.19 from jjc race and rally's eBay shop which is a few pound cheaper than the website.

Simoni Racing boss kit.

Part number 524.189

I can also confirm that Momo do not make a boss kit specifically listed for the Megane despite Demon Tweeks selling me one but less said the better about that.

Momo may sell one for the mkIII Clio but I haven't checked it as Momo doesn't seem to be as readily available as the other two options.

Hope this is helpful to someone in the future.

Cheers

Attached Files:

Si271 likes this.
  2. Might sound stupid but is the steering wheel end is universal?

Otherwise, thanks for this, it'll save me a few ££

3. If you're referring to the six bolt pattern then yes it's a pretty standard thing.

Frimley111R likes this.
  4. Thanks your post was useful and I fitted the one you recommended

Jamesycc likes this.
  5. Glad it helped.