265 Boost pressure problem.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by DextAir, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,

Recently remapped my RS265 by BRperformance luxemburg. At the final dyno test the amigo said my boost is leaking somewhere and the car made only 279HP. (Should be around 320HP, 480NM) In sport mode popped up a check injection message and the DTC226322 fault code. Renault garage said "boost control solenoid valve" is the problem and changed. Than same code in sport mode again. I just adjusted the wastegate and half an hour driveing in sport, and no fault code. Today again same thing same code.... Any idea? boost pressure sensor maybe?

WP_20150618_005.jpg

2. yes, measure the voltage of the boost pressure sensor and maybe confirm value against an old-school analog boost gauge before you go and replace any more parts. A DTC tells you what happened from the ECU's point of view, which doesn't often point directly at the faulty component, but requires further diagnosis..

3. Thanks. I just checked the wastegate and it is start to open around 500 mBar. Is it ok? The boost control solenoid valve regulating the pressure or the full boost should be on the wastegate? In that case the 0,5 bar a bit early to open...

4. I tested a 250 actuator and that opened at 7 psi so same as yours really.

5. So could be my turbo not able to produce enought boost or boost leaking somewhere... I will get a boost gauge on monday and will see...

6. Modern ECUs are usually pretty good at self diagnosis. There are two identical MAP sensors on our engines - one in the plastic post intercooler pipe and one on the intake manifold. Simple test would be to swap them and see if the fault persists.

This sounds more like a problem with the tuned map. Perhaps the ECU is detecting excessive boost deviation from the target? Mechanically adjusting the wastegate arm doesnt help with fault finding. The N75 or boost control solenoid valve which slips into the intake duct (brown electrical connector) electronically controls wastegate activity. If the opening pressure of the wastegate is 7psi, then the solenoid which is fed with full turbo boost pressure will pulse open/shut to allow some pressure to reach the wastegate actuator. If the solenoid stays shut, boost pressure increases. If it's stuck open, then you'll get no more than 7psi boost. Now, if the solenoid's operating parameters have been adjusted to deliver more boost then the ECU may not be happy.

Somebody here can probably provide a better interpretation of the CLIP screenshot as i'm not too familiar with CLIP yet. If Renault changed the boost control solenoid but the problem persisted until you adjusted the wastegate arm mechanically, that suggests to me that the ECU isn't getting the sort of reaction it expected from commanding the solenoid valve. The reactions, are of course measured by the MAP sensor(s). Now that you've adjusted the arm, you've probably just made the ECU happier in the sense that its control is back within expected range.

Forgive me if i have unneccessarily explained the function of the boost control system but i hope this helps

7. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Something not quite right there as "atmosphere" is being reported as 987mbar when in fact it should be closer to 1013mbar... I can only assume the engine was running when you took this snap shot?

The sensor itself is not the problem but the data it is outputting. What it is saying is that the sensor has detected a HIGH level of boost, higher than the ECM is programmed to permit anyway and the ECM has thrown the vehicle in to a boost cut mode to save damaging components. Possibly a map issue but ideally you would want a mechanical pressure tester in there to confirm the value as correct/incorrect before blaming it and replacing but we've gone past that now hehehe.

Standard turbo? You shouldn't really have need to adjust the actuator arm on a standard unit unless you're going higher.

8. 1st thing I'd be doing is getting the map off again and seeing if the fault persists and go from there.

9. Thank you guys. Problem solved. :smile: car is a dream now...
    Checked the pipes and connections today and the o-ring on the intercooler pipe was missing and leaking alot of boost there. I will never go to that garrage who installed my airtech intercooler :smile:

Mircea likes this.
  10. Hi Guys,

I have the same error DTC226322, P0069 - Manifold Absolute Pressure - Barometric Pressure Correlation and Conformance boost pressure. Engine is stock. The garrage says my boost pressure is too high. Changed the boost pressure valve and preassure sensors but still same problem. Have the same 500 mBar with disconnected valve. I can not find any leak. Wastegate function is ok, tested it with a air pump. The car has the problem that it can not reach the rev limitter. At high rpm it looses power and starts with ignition cuts. This Problem is while driving or while standing. Test with disconnected valve has the same ignition cuts at same rpm. Do you think I have a problem with ignition coils not boost pressure? I can not understand that the ignition cuts are not relatet to boost pressure.

11. Hi did you ever find out your problem as I have exactly the same issue?
    Thanks