R26 Blow off valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Steve r26, Dec 9, 2017.

1. C2334266-D597-4B92-8B52-4E88632131DC.jpeg 0F680F8C-7A7B-4D57-A041-9BEE0FDFA4DB.jpeg hi guys ,

Just tried to install my dump valve , I think it’s all good but I don’t think it’s as loud as it should be, like I can just about hear it in the car.

I have 2 T junctions on the same hose, the other one is for my boost gauge, will that make any difference to the noice of the dump valve?

2. I presume you've removed and blanked off the oem recirc valve? I can definitely hear my Forge dump valve to the point I'm debating replacing it with an uprated recirc valve

3. Sorry I’m new to doing all this sort of stuff, which part is that l, because I haven’t removed or blanked anything off?

4. The stock recirc valve is mounted on the turbo. Look at the picture you posted above and follow the pipework that you've tee'd into up to the turbo. You'll see that that pipe connects to the stock valve

5. ahh that be why then I wondered what that plate was for I thought that was to make it flutter? There’s a spring that has come with it as well, don’t suppose you know what that’s for do you?

6. Springs are to adjust the pressure the dump valve will hold, different colours for different pressures, requires a higher pressure spring if it has been remapped etc.