BLACK HEADLIGHTS

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by 13PDJ, Jan 30, 2018.

1. I cant answer your question, but I was wondering what that red tag is on the front of your car?

2. Toe strap, replaces original Toeing eye

3. Oh right. Is it for track days?

4. Yes it’s a track car, that’s all I use it for- the tow strap is there permanently rather than messing putting the towing eye out each time I get to the track.

5. I was wary at first as I heard the DEPO ones were left hand drive and not right. I took a chance as they are based about 25 miles from me. So if worse came to the worst I could personally return them. But I haven't had to as I have found them perfectly fine. When you fit them you might find that the bracket on top seems slightly abit off but the bolt does go in and secure them. Youll see what i mean when you get them but youll also see its not a problem either. Have you taken the headlights out before?.

6. Thanks for the heads up, the car is in the body shop getting a few bits painted from track work- so the bumpers off at the minute so I will get the lads there to fit them this week when they turn up.

7. .

Attached Files:

8. Ok was just going to say if you did fit them yourself to not make the mistake I made at first putting the first one in. Got it all swapped over and went to try and get it back in but it wouldn't go In. Was there for ages and getting very bloody angry and frustrated at the same time trying to get it in. Only then realised then that it slides into 2 rails on each side. Did that and it when straight in. The next one was easy after that. Felt like an idiot but oh well you live and learn.lol.

9. Got a spaceship there.lol.

10. i used DEPO ones to replace my Golf GTi once, good match but the lamp holder was a lot more basic that the original unit, bit fiddly.

Otherwise good.

11. The RS is nearly ready for the track day season... Full alloy colour change, skirts painted and front bumper painted thanks to the gravel trap at Donington Park. I have also got the black headlights installed, I love the cars new look.

Attached Files:

StephRS and timbo like this.
  12. Looks lovely that. Red details on white looks great.

13. That roll cage looks great. Agreed about the red on white.

14. Looks fantastic. Can you please help me with the name/colour code for the alloys? I have two that need some touch-up

15. Looks stunning, those alloys