Big brake disc kit

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Strell2, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Tess Tickle

Tess Tickle Banned

Spending £1000's on 700mm fully floating 10 piece discs and 15 pot calipers and I bet on track its hardly better than cheap 60 quid brembo discs and decent pads lol.

2. K sport are widely used on the new focus Rs & st.
    My ap's have been fantastic quality too.
    Lee

3. Not far from China, they are made in Taiwan. Its surprising how many major brands get components and products manufactured in Asia. Gone are the days of moody quality, yes you still get tat but you get that anywhere. China, Taiwan and Singapore are fast becoming the manufacturing centers of the world for two very big reasons, quality and price.

The KSport kits are favoured by many Time Attack teams who recognise the quality and performance that the braking kits can offer. As others have said they do have a good reputation.

4. Beg to differ, bigger brakes and better pads will actually make a lot of difference to your lap time, far more difference in fact than an induction kit or an exhaust. if it doesn't then your just not a very good driver in the first place

5. My R26.R came with PF 330 kit and while it's very very good the braking power on track is no better than HC cheap plain discs with the DS 1.11 pad, put it this way when there knacked I won't be buying a set the same, just not worth the extra cost

6. Rather spend it on proper tuition

7. Totally agree , better than any power or brake upgrade

8. Goon

Goon Banned

Fuk it

9. Tess Tickle

Tess Tickle Banned

Quite obviously better brakes will make the difference. What I said was simply adding huge discs and calipers won't make much difference over good pads, standard brembo 4's and the cheap plain discs. Nobody is taking about induction kits or exhausts

10. Yes you are quite right, I mentioned the induction kit and exhaust because people happily spend lots of money on these mods but when it comes to improving times on track, improving brakes (and Suspension of course) are pound for pound more effective.

As others have said tuition is one of the best ways to spend your money to improve your performance on track but there's also nothing wrong with improving the performance of your car too.