Best Swivel Bearings to get

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by L-1011, Jan 8, 2016.

1. ordered... lets see how we get on then :smile:

2. And dont forget to put an oiling nipple on so you can push new greace every now and then and push out the old dirty grease.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

3. Don't suppose you know what size/ thread etc the grease nipple bolt needs to be do you?
    I've tried contacting mark black for some several times but have never had a response so wouldn't mind sourcing some of my own before I tackle this!
    Cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire EYE using Tapatalk

4. Will look in some of my notes and try to found the info

jjones82 likes this.
  5. Nice one cheers mate, much appreciated!

MilosB likes this.
  6. I am sure someone told that Mark Black can supply this

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. Yeah I've tried him a couple of times but never get a response

8. Yes I wpuld go with that size.

jjones82 likes this.
  9. Perfect, cheers!

MilosB likes this.
  10. Are we sure it will spread the grease into the bearing cup and more importantly into the needle rollers around the side of the turret?

RS 175 Lux

11. It has to :smile:

12. image.jpeg Postman's been :smile:

MilosB and L-1011 like this.
  13. Ok, so... Postman's been... I've taken one hub off and inspected the bearing and it looked better than the one I was going to fit!!

So, I'm a bit stumped now... It does seem to have a degree of self centring in the steering, but it's heavyish (compared to my Peugeot 407sw) and it still "whistles" when turning the steering wheel

14. ok.

Firstly how did you get access to the beating without shifting it in the carrier?

How can a worn bearing look better than a new one?

Grinding is a normal noise with these bearings worn. Not whistling.

Did you disconnect the track rod end and try and move the hub to see if the bearing was seized or sticking before removing it?

15. Firstly, as I said in my post, I removed the hub

The bearing I took out was the original (I presume) Renault bearing which looked as good as the day it was fitted, and actually seemed a tighter fit than he replacement I have (maybe the replacement would be more snug on the insert if packed with grease?)

I didn't know what noise to expect but I seemed to recall someone on either here or the Renault forum posting a video with the same noise and combined with the other issues just presumed it was the swivel bearing

Unfortunately I worked a bit ar$e about face and undid hub nut, brake callipers and bottom arm before the steering arm so by then it was a bit late. I did think not to bother but by the time it was apart I thought I'd check it in case... On the passenger side I did indeed just remove the steering arm first and it was as free as a bird

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Also, I now have two INA bearings and seals for sale lol

17. Hmmm, very strange.
    Were the needles in the bearing cup caged or free and held in place by the turned over lip?

This is what mine was like:

4cdf65e024bd9b1895d87baaea101be5.jpg

RS 175 Lux

18. Mine were as above but absolutely mint

19. How much do you want for the bearings and seals? Thanks Arran

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

20. Has anyone got a link to the seals on eBay uk or a uk site? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. iiPaul likes this.
  22. Does anyone have a link or know what the top bearings are? I think mine need replacing

23. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

there not cheap
    FC40857

iiPaul likes this.
  24. 2 on each side?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

25. Yes, one on top of the other!

26. Hi everybody.

Does anyone have this piece to check the dimensions of this plan?

Thank you. 373646ENTRETOISE.jpg

27. I'm going to tackle the other side - I'll try to remember to get all the dimensions for you.

buzleclair likes this.
  28. Thank You Jakg.

29. Hello to you guys,
    That's it, I got my bearings, remains just the steel to arrive Tuesday. Then disassembly, machining and assembly. IMG_20160831_190557.jpg

30. You went with the cheaper bearings then....

RS 175 Lux

31. Yes indeed, i took cheaper bearings , think you they are not good for the hub swivel ?

32. I'm not sure if the pic will come out on hear but I have done the lower bearing, this is how the cup in the middle of the bearing sat before I had to put the hub in the hub carrier..
    [​IMG]

When I put the hub in the hub carrier I had to push the bearing through even further is this correct? I have the indented ina bearing if that helps?
    I read the guide and I have pushed the little silver lip 2.5mm further through to pick up the part that sits in the middle of the bearing cup.

Thanks in advance

33. The seal should be flush if not a little counter sunk.

The turret mounts down flat to the upright. The beating fits around it. If the beating is too far down (sticking out the bottom then you won't be able to get the hub assembly into the carrier.

I approached it this way and tapped until it was just right as per my guide.

If you push it through too far it will still work but the needle rollers will wear very very quickly as the radial load will not be shared across the roller.

RS 175 Lux

iiPaul likes this.
  34. My drivers side has got slight play in it after 4 years and less than 10k miles. The bearing where of the best quality from my friends who are engineers. I think it’s the turrets that are causing the earlier failure. Mine were not terrible, but still slightly pitted even when tidied up. I think new turrets is the answer to longer life with those weak roller bearings.

35. You tried diamond motors or mark black?

36. I'm not in UK. Doubt they are willing to sell repair kits separately from service.