At last bushes

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by MJ57, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I've got a set of those waiting for me.

2. ordering the black rears once they are on eBay. don't need the other parts as I'm running solid mounts anyway

3. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Want his number?

4. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Finally they have it sorted. I offered them my car years ago but Ktec had jumped the gun. Get me some of these asap!

5. Ordered up the dogbone bush a week or so ago, but then noticed the design of the mount has changed..

m384.jpg

Won't fit the newer style.

:worried:

6. So do the rear beam bushes fit all the MK2 RS range then, it's a bit vague ?

I've a 2004 225 but wasn't rear bean changed for the R26 ?

The kits a bit sparse too or will there be more coming, I know the do rear suspension strut top mounts for the Clio and loads more.

7. The only bit that changed on the beam was the inclusion of a RARB if I remember correctly.

The bushes should fit both beams as those bushes remained unchanged between the models.

8. Good stuff, thanks for that.

I'll be ordering up the black series ARB bushes and rear beam bushes then.

9. In a few months powerflex will release bushes for the mrs3!

10. Is there a very noticeable difference between the different series?

11. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

On the powerflow site its 33.54 for the rear bushes, thats half the eBay cost. Or am I being the stupidest person ever and its 33.54 per bush?

12. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Thought so much lol...

13. The rear beam bushes are the same as for the Clio 197/200

We'll happily do these to RSMegane members for £59.00 a pair. Free UK mainland delivery.

PM me if you would like further details.

14. Will the rear bushes actually make a noticeable difference ?

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They should do, Out of all the bushes i changed on my old track Fiesta the rear beam ones made the most noticeable difference.

16. Do these give a stiffer ride I take it..

17. I wouldn't fit black series on any road cars, they're brutal. I would compare their compliance similar to cement.

18. Thought so Ben... If I do eventually upgrade them I'd put the fast road ones on... More for durability than anything else..

19. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Finally!

I've been asking Powerflex for 2 years now!

I'll be ordering a set of the rear beam and ARB bushes.

20. The Megane is high on their development list for engine mounts and suspension bushes.

The parts that are currently available were part of the Clio development. Fortunately both cars share some items hence why only a couple of bits are currently available.

21. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

As per Marks thread I was chatting to the guy that has developed these. Basically said for road use with track thrown in you need only the black series for front ARB bushes everything else go for the purple. The bits looked fantastic. Can't wait to get the rear beam ones on.

22. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smiley:

23. What's involved in fitting the rear bushes, easy or big job?

24. Hi Angel, thanks for the pm about my order. Just received so thanks for the good service. Just need to get Mark Black to fit now!

25. Burn them with fire. Then a bolt with 2 plates either side to get them in

26. Anyone know the two shore hardnesses for the purple and black editions?

27. purple Shore = 80A
    Black Shore = 95A

:cool:

28. Are you sure?

..sorry couldn't resist.

29. 90% Shore yes :tongueout:

30. My bushes also arrived today :smile:

Big thanks to Angel for the quick turnaround and delivery.

31. What will these bushes actually do

32. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

mine are going on this weekend! Excite!

33. Is this the next money spending craze

34. Theyre supposed to improve grip, improve braking stability, reduce tyre wear and also come with a lifetime warranty.

35. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

If you see it that way..

To most though its a great OEM+ upgrade on perishable parts firming it up and tightening bits that are aged now in most cases.

36. Botox for that rear ass

37. Is it a big job to change them ?