265 Are the H&R springs any good?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by TurboFlorio, Jan 16, 2017.

1. I have never lowered a car, but the huge wheel gap is bothering me..

I've been reading about the H&R springs and alot of people seem to have removed them after installing?
    So are they good or more of a degrade vs standard cup springs?

I don't want to sacrifice handling/usability.
    Before anyone mentions cooksport, they don't deliver the certificate we need in Belgium and I've read about them snapping!?

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I ran them before, Slightly stiffer, less body roll and looks a lot better

3. Why you don't run them anymore?

4. I had them on a 250 and then bought another set for the 275. Both times I got leaking shocks after about 1 year of use, ended up going KW coilovers.

My experience is not the same as everyone else (i have heard of many people having no issues) but that is why I removed them as the choice was new shocks (and refit the H&Rs) or coilovers. After the second time i gather that the roads i am on and the spring and shock combo aren't playing nice.

5. I have them on mine mate. Been on for about 6 months now. They've been great. Little to no change in comfort. Slightly better body control. Car looks better. No complaints so far!

6. Got them on mine, love them, more crashy than standard R26 but better handling and more fun. Had them for 2 years now
    Sort of compromise really well for me

7. If everyone is mostly positive I will have to give them a go

8. The wheel gap is surprisingly big !
    Personally I wouldn't want to lose travel, particularly at the rear which is already very stiff in Cup form or at the front for traction, unless I only tracked the car. But for the road (or the Ring for that matter), I am not sure. Sensibly lowered Megs look very good though! Tricky one.

9. Very true, altough at the ring most cars are lower than stock height or so it seems.
    Then again alot of them scrape at the karrussell..

I'm definitely not a fan of the wheel in the arch look, just like the gap to be parallel with the tyre if that makes sense.

10. A few Meg drivers wished they had a bit more travel at Schweden X

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Skill*

12. got the H&R on mine (R26 though). Think they're great.

13. How do they compare to Cooksport springs?

14. Seem to be quite a few Issues of those snapping or unseating (no idea on ratio though so Im not slating them, just stating what gets reported) which is why I chose hr over cooksports as I cant be bothered with the hassle of having them repaired, free replacement or not.

Supposed to drop a tiny tiny bit lower tho and be a bit stiffer.

TurboFlorio likes this.