Anything to look out for?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Stevoox, Dec 5, 2013.

1. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...sion/manual/price-from/10000/page/2?logcode=p

Morning all,
    Am tempted to go and look at this at the weekend and see if they would give me a decent rate for part x on my car (i can then sell the recaros to perhaps bridge that gap) as i really just want to be in a megane now.

Am yet to view or drive one so is all pretty new - is there any certain things to be cautious for / look out for on the megs when buying?

Cheers.

2. knocking on the front wheels when going over bumps, and gerky gear change, which means knackard hubs. apart from that i dont know much else

3. When is it recommended to have the wheel bearings / hub's refurbished/replaced?

4. Thanks! The 200 has literally just started doing this, well i think it has anyway... perhaps i need to get that looked at

5. the passenager side started knocking at 8,000 miles but was now and again and gradually got worse up until i got it changed under warrenty at about 16,000 miles, about then the driver side started now and again and now thats getting worse.
    my car was from down london driven by a woman renault manager so its probably spent its first 7,000 miles going over speed bumps constantly with out any thought about speed..

6. I guess its the pot holes are awful roads around the UK which have possibly done it to the clio