R26 Anyone still making short shifters?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by james.moseley.37, Oct 12, 2017.

1. trouble is,its not a five minute job to set up the CNC machine to create the new ball stud mounting point,he probably just hasnt had the spare time to do it.

We still have a few spare linkages knocking around,but sold the particular machine we used to do the work on.

markoc likes this.
  2. Yes of course. If Goodwood Automotive produces the goods, then I'm happy to let him - because I have to outsource the engineering work and that's the biggest cost.

I'd do it to help out the RS community.
    If people are interested I'll see if I can get a discount on the engineering work (as mentioned before I paid £72 to get mine milled - but I did the rest of the work myself)

If anyone is interested get in touch.
    Thanks

3. Yes of course. If Goodwood Automotive produces the goods, then I'm happy to let him - because I have to outsource the engineering work and that's the biggest cost.

I'd do it to help out the RS community.
    If people are interested I'll see if I can get a discount on the engineering work (as mentioned before I paid £72 to get mine milled - but I did the rest of the work myself)

If anyone is interested get in touch.
    Thanks

Dale1uk likes this.
  4. Double post - sorry

5. ok, will give Goodwood a few days to respond then if not, I'll give you a shout if that's ok?

markoc likes this.
  6. I'm definitely interested. What kind of price do you think you could do it for? Pm me if you prefer

7. Yes that's fine.

idontknow likes this.
  8. Ok, no news from the other fella, so.... did you work out a price :smile:

9. I’d be interested in one of these on an exchange basis (phase 2 Megane).

markoc likes this.
  10. @ 'idontknow' has sent me his linkage and I'm currently modifying it.
    I will be offering the service to forum members on an exchange basis.

Dale1uk likes this.
  11. Sounds good as I never heard back from Goodwood Automotive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

markoc likes this.
  12. I got a spare one from @RMDavis and split the cost with @grantw we are circulating the spare one so the car is not off the road whilst waiting for the modified one. Let us know if you want to join the party and when grantw has his swapped and sends it back you could get it next... just a small contribution to the original cost would do it :-)

Poppaboost and markoc like this.
  13. Great idea @idontknow, may well get in on this as mine is currently sorn'd, what price are they being done for now?

14. markoc is currently having the linkage I sent him modified, I paid 100.00 for this work but then split the cost of the spare linkage with grantw who will use the spare next once I fit the one I receive the modified one. That way your car isn't off the road/without linkage whilst its modified but that wouldn't matter much if yours is SORN at the minute...so I suggest maybe contact markoc?

15. Morning people. Sorry I’ve been non existent. Was inundated with a break in that’s really rocked the boat. Anyway. Now things are getting back to normal ish, just thought to post..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. a29f3a35f609d755a618a067ef4b284b.jpg

Can be finalised and posted out by Friday.

Apologies for the retardedness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Still interested from my point of view! I like to give the benefit of the doubt where possible, as posting on forums isn't top of the priority list if there has been a crisis at home. Hope everything gets sorted your end. Ive made no commitments elsewhere, but would need to set aside some time to physically swap the unit with the one in my car as it is now back together and out of the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. got the modified one from markoc today, will look to get it fitted and then get my old one back to him so that grantw can get his moving

19. got it fitted tonight :grin: really happy, nice short throw as most have said it is now the way it should have perhaps been originally. Much appreciated @markoc for sorting it out as I know you just did it for the forum to help out, top job!
    Contacted @grantw about his which can kick off as soon as I send my old one back... will get it in the post at the weekend

markoc likes this.
  20. Glad you got it sorted

If anyone else is looking the short shift mod then get in touch with me.

idontknow likes this.
  21. Mossyv6 likes this.
  22. Great stuff mate - thank you :smile:

Jamesycc likes this.
  23. Finally got around to fitting the modified unit by @Goodwood automotive and what a difference it has made! I was sceptical about all the positive reviews these short shifters seem to get, but can now understand where people are coming from when singing their praise. It was nice to see some attention to detail with the modified unit - a quick lick of paint and the ball stud locked in with some locking varnish; nice to see it wasn't just thrown together and sent out. I just used a Dremel wire wheel to remove the paint from the 'moving' parts and chucked it on the car. No pictures unfortunately, but a thumbs-up from me!

Anyway, my old unit will be in the post shortly, so I suggest anyone who is interested give Goodwood automotive a shout.