Anyone from Oxfordshire?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Toady, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Hello! I'm potentially going to be an RS265 trophy owner soon! I've currently got a tidy and well spec'd e46 M3 with low miles, so worth the high end of the e46 market, especially when you look at some of the top end cars for sale on autotrader and compare their condition and spec!

I was wondering if there was anyone local to Oxfordshire that I could meet up with to take me for a drive to show me what to expect from these little cars, and for me to convince myself I'm doing the right thing.

I'm a little concerned that I'm getting rid of a car that I know I love (had had a couple now) that is worth top money, and holding its value well, if not appreciating still. For a car that I've no idea if I'll like compared, and that potentially still has a lot of depreciating to do. So if it isn't for me and I want to find another M3 like mine, then I've stitched myself up when it comes to selling the meg and hunting a similar m3.

Has anyone else on here gone from a good e46 M3 to a meg rs250/265? If so what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2. Keep that M3!

3. Keep the M3!

timbo likes this.
  4. Thanks, though I'm a little surprised to see both of these comments from a megane forum! Ha ha! I asked the same question on the M3 forum and got pretty much the same answer, but I was expecting a biased opinion. The car in question is a liquid yellow trophy advertised on here. I've done various valuations now, and all have come back (surprisingly) as the M3 being worth more....

5. The e46 M3 will be, if not already, a classic. N/A 6cyl, light-weight...as long as you don’t have that silly SMG! Keep it, and scratch your FWD itch with an R26...or even a Clio 182!

6. Yep these are my thoughts too. They're already climbing in value. Mine is an SMG, but I prefer it. Really suits the car, and shifts far better/quicker than I could. I've also had the manual version, this is better despite the internet hate. I've had enough fwd cars to not have an itch for another lol!
    Trophy should hold its value more, but seeing one come up for sale with less than 70k for £4k less than this potential swap has made me sit up and think.

7. I think you’d aways regret it

8. I have an M5 and a M50d. Can't beat them on the road in my opinion. However the Renault are fab on track.
    Keep the M3 and get a megane road going track car. Then you have pleasure from both worlds
    Just my 2p worth