Anyone fitted a bike rack to an RS250/265?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by tch911, Nov 27, 2013.

1. My wife and I are quite keen on the old road bikes. I was toying with buying a bike rack for the car when I realised that:

A - Surely if I fit a rear mount bike rack, it'll crack that (plastic?) roof spoiler
    B - There is no ability to fit roof mounted systems to this car

Has anyone had success with mounting a bike rack to an RS250?

Much appreciated,

Tom

2. Someone was selling a Thule roof mounted one for a 250 a few weeks back. Fixings are underside top of door and under rear qtr window rubber

3. I think mines had a rack on at some point, there looks to be some fine scratching where the mounting points are. It'll prob polish up fine but be careful if your precious. Can you not slip the wheels off and put the seats down?

4. Thanks for that. I will have a look at the car tomorrow and see whether it has visible attachment points.

In the meantime, as MrTurner says, it is seats down for this weekend!

5. pudy5uta.jpg
    Mounting points mate, inside of drivers door.

6. Cool thanks, and this is a Thule product right? Their bike racks look pretty good. Anyone got a link for the product? I tried a quick Google Search but came up blank. Thule also only show the 5 door car for 2009 onwards....

7. You'll need to speak to Thule direct. The mounting points are specific to the car so it's up to the rack makers to make their rack fit. If you try roofbox.com they supply lots of brands.

8. Thanks, really appreciate that. Bikes fit in the car this morning but I don't want to make a habit of it!!