Anyone come from a fiesta st180?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Holmsii, Sep 13, 2017.

1. As the title really. Im new to this forum and currently have a 2014 fiesta st180. Totally hooked on the meg after reading peoples project threads on here!. Would be nice to here peoples thoughts on how the meg compares to others cars that theyve come from (particularly fast fords) as im yet to even test drive an rs!

2. Welcome!

Sadly, my experience of fast Fords goes back to RS Turbos and RS2000s! Not driven a Fiesta ST unfortunately, so I'm probably not much help.

Have a test drive of one, I'm sure you'll soon know if it's for you or not.

Jonny157 and Holmsii like this.
  3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

My brother has an ST180 that's I've driven extensively, depends what you want from a car, I find myself taking his a blast over mine sometimes as it's more fun to drive on the road, my Megane is quite a bit away from standard mind you so that may be why I prefer the fiesta on the road

Holmsii likes this.
  4. The fiesta is a lot of fun on a decent road. I do the odd trackday but 90% of the time its used for work and taxiing the kids around. The megan is bigger, probably a nicer car to drive day to day and a much better trackday car??.... given the fiesta needs a bbk for track use cos the standard brakes are useless and the ride is rock hard for general driving im edging towards the meg! Plus its a nice change of scene... getting a bit bored with fords tbh.

Roop48 likes this.
  5. @Holmsii my brother used to have an ST which as jamie says I driven hard a lot of times!

For me I have never driven a more fun or exciting car! I have driven plenty of fast cars worth triple a megane or ST. And I still say that the ST is the best I've ever driven I love love love how it handles and how small but punchy it is. Yes it's not the fastest in a straight line but it's no slouch. My brothers had the mountjne upgrade and in gear it was exactly the same as my standard 250.

If I was you I'd keep the ST and give it a decent map intercooler etc etc.

6. Thats interesting... your gonna get me banned on here lol. It was a lot of fun at cadwell park and mine is totally standard!

7. i owned an ST 180 for over a year. I modified it and tracked it. It is an amazing car. So much fun as you know. But the megane is in my opinion a much more sorted car. But still loads of fun. After i'd had a test drive in a megane my friend asked me how it compares to the ST. I said "its like an ST on steroids". There are lots of similarities. The great steering, brilliant handling, amazing balance, and that feeling at any speed that it wants to be driven hard. The ST is non stop all the time fun, the megane is the same but with a slightly more serious edge to it.

If you do keep the ST get it mapped and add an intake and intercooler. It transformed the car. I used Collins Performance for all the work and they were great.

The only thing I would say for the ST is if you're going to modify it, you can do it properly for sensible money. If you plan to modify the Megane its seems from looking into it that it will be quite a bit more expensive. Depends if modifying is part of the fun for you.

eddie ninja likes this.
  8. "Its like an ST on steroids" says it all really! The megane is a much nicer looking car also imo. I think if money is no object its a no brainer between the two cars really, granted the fiesta is fantastic value for money but i just think going from a standard ST to an RS275 will make me smile more than if i spent the extra money on modding the ST. Its a tough call haha

9. I think the ST can look pretty sweet if you tweak it a little.......

And I think to make the RS look just right I'll need to get modifying as well.

But neither of these cars are about looks really. They both look great, they really do. But they are all about the drive, and both cars really nail that.

Attached Files:

Jonny157 likes this.
  10. Very nice car mate. Are you glad you swapped it for the megane?

11. I definitely am. I was unsure, I really was, but I sold the ST a week after collecting the RS and when I drove the ST to meet up with the new owner having driven the RS all week, I knew I'd made the right decision.

The ST is really really amazing. The RS is another level again.

Just my thoughts though mate. Don't go swapping cars on my say so. Go and test drive one and don't forget to press the RS button by your right knee, it brings the car to life.

12. Really appreciate your input mate. Will deffo test drive one. Have you got the rs275?

13. You're welcome mate, these are big decisions for us car enthusiasts.

Yes I have a 275 trophy.

martenr likes this.
  14. Certainly are mate! Dont suppose you know anyone on here from the yorkshire and humber region?