any thoughts, anybody used these

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by ianplymouth, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Hi
    Anybody used Toyo Proxes R1r's on track are they any good your thoughts please :smile:

2. Used them on my clio 172 cup. OK in dry, pretty scary in the wet. On the road that is, so on a track with higher speeds I would imagine there are better options. Good for the money but not a performance tyre is my summary.

3. have you given the AD08R a try Ian? decent on track, decent in wet, but don't like standing water, and they last well, a good turn up and drive without faffing around changing wheels tyre.

4. Thanks for that James, i'll give these a miss then :laughing:

i need to source another set of tyres for the ring mid October, don't think i will have enough tread on mine after 2 days at Spa, running 595's at the moment quite like them but willing to try others.

5. Hi Martin
    No i haven't tried them yet, would they take the punishment you know i'll give them, don't mind changing wheels it's all part for trackdays :laughing: and i will then have to go for 265 35's as they don't do 255's

6. they do stand up well, i used them at Spa in 35 degrees, 2 days abuse, drove home on them and got another trackday. I use used slicks at the moment but may well get another set of the AD08R

7. Cheers Martin :laughing:
    I still have a bit of time to search / Research

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

AD08Rs are a cracking tyre. I run them on the road and the Ring when I dont want to run my full semi slicks. I use a 255 up front and have just recently had a pair for 250 shipped

ianplymouth likes this.