Abs bleed ?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Torch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Anyone know the correct sequence to bleed the abs ? I've tried activating each solenoid then the pump but the pedal still goes to the floor :worried:

2. Am I correct in saying that I should use clip to operate each valve whilst having the bleed kit attached to said calliper ?

3. The only cars I've ever had to use abs to bleed brakes was the old sierras on rear disc equipped. Bled my 225 many a time without having to activate abs, maybe I just got lucky?

4. Went round all the actuators and the rhf had quite a bit of air in the abs pump, better pedal feel now but not as tight as I'd like

5. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

How are you actually "bleeding" this car, are you just opening the bleed points and actuating the solenoid(s) or are you using a mitivac?

6. MicKPM

But you didn't answer my question... what assistance device are you using to force 1.0 - 1.5Bar thru the system?

If it's bled up and the pedal still goes to the floor then you either have air in the system still (not bled properly in the first place), have a leak (which you would see) or have broken the master cylinder.

7. sorry ive kinda crossed threads with the same problem, have sorted the brakes now and the pedal feel is right where I want it to be :smile:
    I didn't use any assistance when the actuators were open however im 99.9% sure that there is no air within the abs system. having performed some (*cough) tests the brakes are performing back to there (or slightly better) best :smile:
    when I went round the calipers in the proper sequence there was some air still left in the rear left caliper, once id cleared this the pedal was nice and firm :smile:

8. MicKPM

Nice one