275 wheel bolt help

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Tiababy, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Cars a year old and the bolts already have some surface rust occurring.

Want to replace them with Neochrome/TPI bolts and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of bolt sizes?

Car in question is a Megane 275 with the optional 19' Speedline Turinis.

2. 12X1.50 28mm tapered 17 hex is the standard size

Skornogr4phy likes this.
  3. Thank you, Much appreciated :smile:

4. most wheel bolts get grubby sooner or later because tightening/loosening them damages the surface finish and allows water/salt to cause corrosion.

I would suggest a bit of wire wool and wd40, it will will cost about a fiver and just give then=m a quick go over each time you remove the bolts.

5. Question, on some sites they are listed as 27mm?? Does that 1 mm make a difference?? Surely not that close a fit are they?

6. Soz double post..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  7. 27mm will also work... actually, 28mm is a tad long, I'd say, compared to the originals - they do work, though..

8. Think the oems are 26mm long and the TPI bolts 28mm. My local dealer wouldn't fit them saying they wouldn't fit.

9. As mentioned by SpookyZeus, bolts are 28mm, my dealer (R-Sport) fitted them without any problems, I've also had the wheels off myself a couple of times as well and all fine. I've had them on 18 months and still looking like new.

P1000509_zpsvv2xlofn.jpg

10. Oh i realise now that the 27mm are 'race' bolts.. Whatever the difference is.. They look exactly the same haha?

11. That said nothing stopping you from asking your dealer to replace them. They shouldn't rust regardless of the fact that everyone's do.
    If i was a betting man i'd say as soon as you ask they start talking about how you wash the car, have you sprayed some special cleaner on them etc etc normal pony to try and wriggle out of replacing them.

MilosB likes this.
  12. I have the 28mm ones on mine with steev rims and seems to work fine.. of course the thread in the hub will get tight (due to dirt/corrosion) when you get to the innermost part of the thread at first..

TPI ones come as 25mm as well, dunno if that's too short or not..

all of this also depends on which rims you are running, of course...

13. Wheel cleaner will take the galvo off them. I use plastic covers on mine so the cleaner doesnt get to them

14. Hi there. I realize this is an old post. But I have a question about these bolts. I have the same wheels that the OP does and bought some of these bolts. decided to get them done at a Tyre shop as i wanted a wheel rotation as well and don't have my own jack yet! Alas the people there told me these bolts are unsafe for my car as they (hope this is correct) have a 60 degree schampfer on the taper and I need a 45 degree schampfer, he did show me a comparison and there was a difference, it seems it wouldn't have sat well when bolted in and may have come loose. I am wondering if anyone can help with pointing me in the direction of some that would work as the current bolts are becoming ratty and I would like to change em!

Thanks!

15. Did he shown you your oem bolts or just a sample of ones with 45 deg taper??

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

16. Yeah he took one of them off the car and showed me there's a difference.

17. Yes, you rock