275 Trophy for Sale in Wakefield

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Pagey3103, Oct 24, 2014.

1. God that is beautiful:eek:

2. Doesn't mention if it had the coil overs or not? But what a fantastic colour combo!

3. It looks good, but without directional xenons can't be on my list, unfortunately.

4. That front badge....urgh!

no slotted discs either and why are there re050's? Thought they all came with the ps cups?

5. Best off ordering new, price is ridiculous as their sales dept. is rubbish.

6. I specked a trophy R up the other day, ring pack, 2 spare wheels and tyres and bags, 4 year service pack, not a bad price really as long as they hold their money

7. Thought ps cups only came on the trophy R.

8. Optional on trophy

9. I'm with Dinn.....no Xenons are a huge loss, didn't realise it never had grooved discs either........but what a colour combo and interior, stunning....really wish I had that interior, I could happily live with everything else my car has including the old face!

10. I know most won't agree but I don't think the loss of the Xenons it so bad.

I've got a Trophy on order and to be honest, if they were a £500 option I would not have ticked the box.

To put this into context, I came from a 172 with Nightbreaker bulbs to a R26 with factory fit Xenons, and I do a lot of night driving, almost every day. The difference was noticeable but not a deal breaker. I'm back to Halogens in a new Twingo for now, and again there're not as good and the car is a lot slower so not so much need, but I'm sure uprated bulbs would close the gap hugely.

I'm more bothered about the loss of the electro-chromatic mirror and the drilled or grooved discs.

11. thought the new 275 had next to nothing in it? seems like a rele nice setup but a hefty price haha

12. I tried to get a price on a trophy a few weeks back at my local renault dealer they said they don't even
    have a price on them but I would be looking at about 16-18k euros with my 2011 trophy and that they were
    on to renault Ireland and they have no plans on getting one

13. that's stunning. do all trophys come with the acrapovic or is an option?

14. Akras standard, ohlins are an option on the trophy

15. They are probably right on not being able to give you a price - the car wasn't on the computer system that they rely on to quote. It's on there now so they should be able to help if you go back.

16. It's quite the opposite really - they have the seats and the cup chassis as standard. This does mean that the price is a tad over the old 265 with the same options included, but you also get the Ti exhaust that I believe they are selling as an upgrade to existing 265 owners at circa £3K though.

17. No dimming mirror either? Jezz cutting corners arent they, which is a shame!

im the opposite, had xenons on my 182 not on the r26 and really missed them... Hence why i ticked bi-xenon directionals on the 265!

im sure itll be a great car mate just a shame they are losing so many bits seemingly to cost cutting yet still charging 30k plus

18. So, do you believe that bulbs from ebay are more effective than factory fitted xenons developed by manufacturer? :confused:

I appreciate your sense of humour then :blush:

19. Out of interest Xanda, do you still get 4 years warranty, servicing and roadside?

20. It wasn't a joke.

No the 'ebay' specials aren't as good as the factory fit Xenons. They aren't as good as Phillips or Osram Nightbreakers either however.

Where did I say they were more effective, or are you just spoiling for a fight?

21. Yeah Matt, all of that is included.

The R26 cost so much in maintenance that, using my best man maths, the new car should not really be much more to run. Even the roadside cover means I can cancel my RAC cover to offset the monthly cost.

22. I was just surprised that those
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OSRAM...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6e3c83bc
    will close the gap on xenons.
    I had halogens with uprated bulbs on Laguna mk2, then xenons on Scenic mk2, Laguna mk3 and current Megane mk3. I drive company cars with halogens, and I would never compare halogen to xenons. That is why I asked.
    In my opinion, as I stated before, Megane lost very important part of equipment. Hopefully next generation will be better equipped.

23. Yes of course a better bulb will close the gap between standard Halogens and Xenons.

Remember, I'm not saying they're better, just that I don't think they're all that important. At a £500+ option, and at least in the MkII Megane, the difficulty you have just changing a bulb, and the unreliability of the self levelling system means that I don't consider them essential.

I'm not sure why Renault dropped them and the mirror & brakes. Most probably for cost saving as stated and I'm sure the next generation will be better equipped. Trouble is I think it will also be dual clutch auto and 5 door only. :eek:

24. I agree, I don't know what the bulbs have been upgraded to in my R26 but they're far better than the standard ones I had in the 225. I borrowed a car with xenons and there isn't a massive difference, yes the xenons are better but it's not as of you can't see clearly where you're going in my car.

I think more people want xenons for the look rather than the actual increase in performance, as they do make a car look better.

25. Dp.

26. good man, or good on renault should i say! Yep the roadside is decent, think it covers europe too from memory.

4 years warranty is piece of mind too, tempted to put it to 5yrs was only £300 when i looked a while back

27. I'm amazed how much people can argue about headlights, I've never been on a dark road and thought help I can't see
    even with old Peugeot 106s I've owned
    mental how mad some of you go over bulbs

28. Probably you have supernatural sight.
    Personally I think xenons make huge difference and it is one of the basic factor when I look for a car. I prefer them because of safety reason, not only for better look.
    But it is only me, and you may have different preferencess.

29. ive just been to see this. it certainly stands out as a special car.
    the acrapovic exhaust suprised me a lot. the pops and bangs that thing does is unbelievable. renaultsport you crazy bastards :wink:

30. Did you take it for a test drive then?

31. Theres a white one on pistonheads

32. This is true I went there to enquire about it and they wasn't bothered. So i orderd the exact same spec car from Sheffield (with a big discount )

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  33. I'm going back Sunday with the wife for a drive. I was in my work clothes today, didn't fancy messing the recaros up.
    Are they still taking orders on these then?
    How much are they brand new compared to the £30,700 this ones at? It's got just over 2000 miles on it and the extras it has are spare wheel and electric folding mirrors

34. Did he mention to you that the car can't be released until mid December? He wasn't sure why the reason was though...

35. About 26k new the same spec as that one !
    They won't sell it until it comes off the demo scheme with Renault !

36. What?? Seriously. Are they still taking orders though mate?

37. Yes until March

38. Brill. Are we not limited to 100 though? Not sure how fast there selling

39. This is the offer I was given

£28930 275 Trophy

-£4198 Discount
    =£24792 total
    +£525 diamond black
    +£1000 Speedlines
    =£26257 Grand Total