250 Cup door locking

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by arch, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Hoping for some info on the operation of the door handles.
    Had a Clio 197 that would open either by the key fob remote or if the key fob is in the vacinity by pressing the button on the door.
    Not long had the 250 and the doors all l Ck fine using the remote but nothing happens when pressing the button on the drivers or passengers door, should these work on the Cup model if so any ideas what the issue could be.

2. If you lock/ unlock off the fob it deactivates auto locking. Think you need to stick your card back into the car, take it out and walk away from the car for it to auto lock. If it's working you should just put your hand behind the door handle and pull too open.

3. Thanks Danny prob didn't word that very well. Yes it's only the unlocking i was querying. It in"ocks no issues from the keyfob but won't using the button on th handle

4. You don't use a button on the handle?

You just walk away from the car with the fob in your pocket - it auto locks
    When you walk up to the car, again with the fob in your pocket, you just open the door.
    There's a sensor that senses your fingers and unlocks the car just before you pull the handle.

Basically just never lock or unlock the car at all from the fob, just have it in your pocket and act like the cars always unlocked :smile:

5. Saying the same thing either way it doesn't open unless I use the fob.

6. I think you have to start the engine and drive it to get the doors to lock (auto drive lock), stop then switch off and walk away, should then lock, if you use the fob you reset it, will only lock with the fob unless you drive it again.

That what happened to mine.

7. Does it lock on its own when you walk away?
    Sounds like the dogs aren't synced or something. Definitely not right

8. All the button on the handle does is lock the car from what i remember, auto lock is walk away after turning the car off touching no buttons at all, and it should unlock when returning. Pressing any buttons handle or fob turns off keyless, and you have to use the fob when unlocking.

9. Mine locks automatically when walking away but sets alarm off after 10 mins or so