Zpo extended knob R26

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by charlie1984, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Anyone fitted one of these? Are they easy... Quite like the look of them.

Also what's it like to put the car in reverse as the little latch stays in the same spot doesn't it..

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2. Yes mate it's just the part above the reverse part that is changed, 2 min job, I have the short one it's tall enough imo they are a well made bit of kit 2106cebf2591e08ac11c2e02f5e99ebe.jpg

3. Is setting it to reverse trickier of just a little more of a stretch?

Would be fitting it to an r26 so not too sure if that differs to the mk3... I can't find any guides.

4. I'd ask on the FB pages charlie. I no theres a few people that have put this on their 225/R26s

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

charlie1984 likes this.
  5. Thanks Kyle, I did and they came back to me pretty quickly... Apparently the knob pulls off and the extender is locked in by a couple of grub screws.

Kyle_R26 likes this.
  6. Happy days mate [emoji123] what colour you thinking? The titanium one does look really nice. Looks like a easy fix to fit. Just need to be careful pulling old one off otherwise you will end up looking like a panda lol

7. Haha.. I'm thinking either a plain black one or white one to match the car... As much as I like the titanium one I think it would look slightly out of place plus £200 for a knob is a bit much

8. White it is then pal [emoji123][emoji16]

charlie1984 likes this.
  10. Tex

Tex

Do these get cold/hot? are they metal outside? Do they weigh more than OEM knobs?
    I'm really looking for a nice weighted knob as in my experience they improve the shift feel. But can't seem to find one that isn't the infamous (gets hot and cold) RS one - which some people say is lighter than OEM!

11. They feel a bit cold first thing in the morning, yes there is a good weight to them, I love mine it really improves the shift feel, I also have a short shifter too though

12. Tex

Tex

I've done the short shifter mod, but was looking for a weighted knob that kept the OEM length. What is the advantage of an extended gear knob? surely makes the throw longer if anything so the opposite of a short shift?

13. Do you have the cheap mod or the replacement short shifter?

dave77 likes this.
  14. It's a proper short shifter kit

15. Dave, is the white knob a different one.. I can't see they have them as an option or was it extra?

dave77 likes this.
  16. Also looking at one of these zpo shifter extenders.

The 265 I have just bought has a short shifter kit on it (not sure which one) which does what it says on the tin but I also feel It requires more force to change gears.

I've also noticed that shifting quickly in the Meg is comparatively slower than in my old type r.

Would the zpo extender remedy this? Or would a more weighted shifter help with this? Or both?

17. Yes mate it's off the zpo site, mine is for sale now if you need one still I got a coolerworx shifter

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk