Window regulator

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by valver16, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Fitted a new regulator today as the cables and motor pullies had broken. Purchased anew renault unit from eBay with motor and bot the temic unit. Transfered temic unit over to new regulator all fitted. But now window switch works backwards. Up is down down is up. So if I double lock car window goes down a few inches as cant set the one touch either. Any suggestions chaps? Wrong part or something else at fault. May I add all was fine untill window went down and wouldn't go up. On inspection was broken but motor fine.

2. Plugged in the wrong way, needs turning round.

3. Cant be plugged in wrong temic unit only fits one way around and plugs only fit one way. Wish it was that simple lol. Had the door card off 5 times in last week a right pro at it now

4. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

OLD Post now but still a great FYI...

It's because the Temic units are blank and need "handing". This is normally done at factory when the Renault regulator is made and by design they're "handed" for the passenger door. You need to do the following:
    • Make sure the drivers window is fully UP/CLOSED.
    • IGN On/Car Running.
    • Press button DOWN once then a further five times (One GENTLE/LIGHT press per second, NOT hard as the switch is dual touch).
    This should flip the Temics programmed orientation and the window will function as desired.

Mick

James24785 likes this.
  5. Just solved my issue now! Brilliant - was tearing what little hair I have left out (and bought a regulator but not fitted!) Thank you