What's on my keycard

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Marcello, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Hello everbody,
    For some months I read this forum an now I have a question. I imported a RS250 from Japan, yes I did..... it arrived last week.
    I was suprised by the keycard...... there is something on it and i don't know what it is.
    On this forum I found a similar threat but no answers so far.
    I thought ask the question again and hopefully somebody on this forum knows what it is. Thanks in advance.
    IMG_4078.PNG

2. I asked the same question to Renault and even they haven't got a clue, but one day I will find out.
    To be continued.........

3. Interesting. My guess would be a bootleg garage door remote.

4. If you take it off the key and leave it out of the car, will the car starts and drive normally.
    thinking it might be an aftermarket immobiliser or alarm or kill switch...

5. Normally, something like that, but it looks original Renault because it has a "Renault Sport" label.

6. That's a good theorie. Will try this asap (on holiday now without the car) and let it know.

7. So, I opened it and replaced the batteries.

Keycard blokje .jpg

Then something happens, when i pushed the only small button on that thing....... it opens en locks the door of my car.
    Well mysterie solved, partly.... because what is the function of this thing?
    I mean, its on the keycard which you always have to use to start/stop the car........ ?????

8. if it has no influence on you car whatsoever, get rid of it and put it in the other stuffs that you never use but keep just in case draw

9. Can't stand it, wanna know the function of it, because it must have a reason, especially when Renault itself doesn't even know what is is.........

10. recon its a programable key and was used as spare

11. But only to open and loc the doors? Because it seems to be that I still need the keycard to start the car.
    It seems to be, because actually the car should have keyless entry conforming the specs, but that does not work so far. Remember that the Car is imported from Japan so i could not ask the previous owner, which would be the most simple thing to do ‍♂️

12. yes perfect for partner to open/lock car when want to without having keep sourcing main key

13. Thats making sense, the wife can get into the car but not to drive.....Thats how it suppose to be (LOL).