What annoys you about your Megane?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by craig180, Nov 28, 2013.

1. For me it has to be the passenger seatbelt clunking the B pillar each time I go round a corner. That's in addition to the one touch keyless locking not working on my driver's door.

2. The back of the meg, looks like a blender :tongueout:

3. Daz

Daz

The price of decent tyres.

The annoying dashboard rattle now I've had the window replaced (silicone not working so far!)

The cost of plastic trims I want to replace - ridiculous prices especially when much expensive car trims are much cheaper!

4. The way everything is crammed into the engine bay so you can even wedge a fag paper in to get at anything!

5. I also have an annoying creak coming from the driver's side of the dash. Sounds a bit like the pedal springs or something but can I find it? Can I chuff...

6. Water leaking in everywhere.

Poor fuel economy.

Terrible dealer network.

7. Just one thing, the rear passenger side interior panel vibrates with music - someone's obviously had it off in the past and there's probably a clip missing. Such a small thing but so annoying. Other than that there's nothing at all that annoys me.

8. creaks, rattles and poor engine layout

9. God damn wheel fitment!

10. Goon returns

Goon returns Guest

They are terrible looking cars but they go well lol

11. Agreed!

12. The click from the glovebox every time the rear wiper wipes lol

13. R26

R26

The water that falls from the boot when it's opened. The lack of waterproof membrane within the doors. The fact you need baby hands to change a headlight bulb. The cheese con rods. But I love soooo much more!

14. Everything, but a think thats why I love the thing so much, costing me a fortune to get the car how it should be but slowly getting there lol, think in the last two months ive replaced the springs to cooksport due to the original braking, also replaced both wishbones, hub links, drop links, top mounts, TRE's, next up is both driveshafts, getting the belts done and new cup wheels

But in all honesty I love the car to bits :blush:

15. The awful sound system....shocking!!

16. the way my 02 focus with 175k has no rattles
    and my garaged 2k a year... 29k R26 rattles and groans like its been round the the clock twice.

Nigelo likes this.
  17. Have to agree on this and the truly awful dealers.

18. Things rattling in the door pockets

19. Are so thats what its called a sound system i thought i had a head phone speaker in the door panel. i can only dream of that thing called bass

20. +1

21. Body work pieces falling off or disappearing every month, replacement parts are too expensive for a simple piece of plastic.

22. Dealers are useless, RUK even more so.

Having to stretch so much for the clutch, the travel is immense.

Not being supplied with a spare wheel, this is a cheap money saving scam many manufacturers are guilty of these days.

23. Water in the drivers door pocket when it rains if it is parked not quite level and leaning that way.............

24. Sound System, Rattles, dealers, everything complicated to work on.

But when it works I forget about all issues :smile:

25. clicking relay from rear wiper in glovebox area...headlight washers using all my water when I just want to clear my windscreen.

26. Just the spare wheel apart from that I Love it

27. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

This ^ and the rattling sound coming from the rear view mirror area. Bar that I love everything about it.

28. I had the same, pulled it out and put a bead of blue tac around it to absorb the rattle and has been fine ever since!

29. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

What did you pull out? I thought it was the cables inside for the auto dipping/rain sensor.

30. Just pulled out the whole unit where the sun visors clip in as mine was the trim that was rattling,

vaby4e6a.jpg

31. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Ah cheers! I'll have a look at that, mine has my handsfree kit mic installed in that too.

32. No worries mate, just be careful getting it out as its a bit fiddly, theres 2 'wings' inside you need to push in to release it if that makes sense? Lol

33. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Cool, i'll have a bash tomorrow. Cheers again pal.

34. The things I don't like are, when it rains and you open the boot the dirty water drops on you. The fact the back of the car gets filthy, and if you lean in the boot and you are warring shorts you burn your leg one the exhaust.

Apart from that I love mine. So far it hasn't let me down. (It probably will now though lol) And it doesn't rattle and squeak like some I've heard about.

35. The FRIGGIN radio signal.

The squeaks and rattles in the dash. and the annoying creak from one of the inner rear plastic panels.

I can live with it all for the feeling when I bury the loud pedal though :tongueout:

36. Ha just read this thread and its my car in every comment ha ha ya got to love the thing!! Ps tape on the boot stops the drips :-)

Ian likes this.
  37. Agreed poor radio signal, annoying rattles, but still love my car,

38. Just hook the belt around the side wing of the passenger seat, it won't come off. I do that as my 2 year old son has a habit of kicking the clip against the trim!

39. sound system - without a shadow of a doubt

40. I think it's alright tbh, 100% than the clio 200s absolutely terrible