WANTED 630cc injectors

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by Richard Innes, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Hi people, I'm looking to upgrade to the 630cc injectors on my 225. Not sure what exactly I need or weather this is a straight swop over? If someone has a complete kit would be great to swap straight over. I'm located in battle east Sussex or would pay postage.
    Thanks and stay safe.
    Rich

2. Sorry wrong place, can a admin send to wanted please?
    Thanks Rich

3. It's a straight swap for the injectors, but the car needs to be mapped at the time of install.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Thanks si, need to get the car mapped anyway as have now changed a few things already.

Si271 likes this.
  5. Why do you need 630 injectors ???
    what else have you done to warrant fitting them, if you do fit them you will also need to upgrade your fuel system to save blowing number 1 piston.

6. JJZ

JJZ

how do you go about upgrading the fuel system ian i thought you could just swap the injectors over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Hi Ian,
    I had the car remapped after having a de-cat, induction kit, since then the car has been chocking up under load when ur in a high gear and put ur foot down it stutters until the revs increase. I thought it may be a fueling problem as when I run the car on momentum 99 octane fuel it is a lil better?

8. JJZ

JJZ

what bhp did you get the car mapped to thanks jason

9. Hi Jason.
    It was done off a laptop by my local performance garage and he said 270bhp which I was was a pretty high increase for not having many mods and not being rolling roaded?

10. What sort of power are you running and what power do you want, this will depend on what you need to do.

Personally i would start with a new fuel pump that's in the tank, there all getting old now, the dw65c is virtually a direct swap, it has a better flow rate and a better pressure.

On top of that change the fuel rail to a 250 one, plus fuel regulator valves etc etc.

11. This isn't really the way to go, could be running a lean mixture at the top end of the revs, needs gong on a rolling road to at least check the emissions

12. JJZ

JJZ

i was thinking of getting mine re mapped. was just going to swap the injectors straight over for 630cc airtec intercooler forge hard pipe kit miltek exhaust and itg kit do you’ll need a mk3 fuel rail then and a new fuel pump

13. Thanks Ian,
    To be fair it does stink of fuel, I know that de-cating the car causes a slight difference but this is way more than any other car I have ever de-catted before! I think I may add the other last mods I have, 65mm upgraded intercoller and ac delete kit then have it rolling roaded?
    Thanks Rich

14. If you have a standard turbo, then i wouldn't bother with the 630's, they will make it lumpy on idle as there difficult to map that low in the revs and there an over kill for the top end.

If you are still on standard then just the fuel pump, this will be good if you upgrade the turbo later.
    250 fuel rail is advisable but not essential atm

15. Legend Ian thanks for the advice I will try the uprated fuel pump, where can I get one?
    Thanks Rich

16. I was running a 65mm inter cooler, hybrid turbo, de cat, 2 3/4 exhaust, fuel rail and raising rate fuel system on my 250 engine in my 225, was running 320 hp and 360ftlb torque

17. JJZ

JJZ

ok ian good info didn’t know this but a 270 bhp the standard injectors are maxed out aren’t they.

18. Got my fuel pump off of Ebay

19. Yes but the turbo is also very close to maximum output, it's a big jump to get 270/280 plus

20. So I need a dw65c fuel pump? What do I need to put in the search on ebay? Sorry don't want to order the wrong one.
    Thanks Rich

21. Yes but the turbo is also very close to maximum output, it's a big jump to get 270/280 plus

22. Richard Innes likes this.
  23. JJZ

JJZ

i’d be happy anywhere between 270 to 280 bhp don’t wasn to over kill the engine.

24. To be fair, mine is considerably quicker after having the map, and if you keep the revs high all thru the gears it's fine. I would be more than happy without the chocking up under load at lower revs. But in saying that 300+ would be nice!

25. that power with what you already have is good, just upgrade the fuel pump to be sure that you are getting the full fuel available

26. Same for you Richard
    I'm sure the turbo will top out around 280 ish, fitting 630's will push the turbo to it's limit, but then if you want to go over that power, it's going to be forging the engine, hybrid turbo or a set turbo, then it's a clutch etc etc etc you get the picture :laughing::laughing:

Richard Innes likes this.
  27. JJZ

JJZ

ok thanks ian [emoji1303]

28. JJZ

JJZ

you know with this fuel pump ian do you still need the mk3 fuel rail as well

29. No, it's not required
    The pump will be good enough for any upgrades you do in the future to around 400hp

30. JJZ

JJZ

ok great thanks ian for info really important to know all of this. [emoji1303]

ianplymouth likes this.
  31. Hi Ian, just thought I'd update u with my school boy error, I took my car to work today for a general check over and thought I'd pull the spark plugs out, they were not in good shape they had no heads left so I have changed them for some new ones and it has solved the shitty running under load and the car now flies . Thanks for your Input tho as it's all a learning curve as iv never owned a megane before.
    Thanks Rich

32. JJZ

JJZ

same for me rich never waned a car like this so all the errors i would rather no now than later jason [emoji1303]

33. Ohhh my god Richard
    You have to do the basics first :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
    The next time you get plug go up a number, 7 to 8 and gap them to 0.6mm, you can gap yours now, but if you are running a map then it's worth the change, plus i would always go for Iridium spark plugs.

Megane's can be a bit finicky but when they work 100% they are so worth it :sunglasses:

34. Bit finicky?! [emoji848]............. [emoji849][emoji3]

35. I agree..... Ish! There's no point fitting the 630's at all if running the standard turbo. I had the full 3" turbo back exhaust, induction kit, Airtec 95mm intercooler and mapped..... Turbo was pretty much maxed out at just over 275. I'm now running 630's, 250 turbo, smf and r26r clutch, obviously exhaust, intercooler and induction kit, mapped and capped by Paul at RS Tuning to 302bhp and 303lbft so the engine doesn't shit itself! So.... 300bhp is possible without forging, mine has been running as such for over 2yrs, however....... I don't thrash the fuck out of it all day every day, its done about 7k since it's trip to Leeds, but I'm now planning on forging and much more power.

36. Ps. I'm sure a lot of people on here will agree...... Some engines are good, and some are not so good. Paul, at RS Tuning, and the guys at Ktec previously with my initial map, all said I had a strong engine. If you plan on running more than 280bhp, forge it! I've been worried about mine for 2+yrs and now fully intend on getting it forged and going silly with it! [emoji16]

37. I am sure my 265 engine was a good one before i forged it, but without stripping it and looking inside i didn't know, it was quick, never been mapped and it has done 115k miles before i stripped it, very surprised how good everything was inside.

Si271 likes this.
  38. only speed read this post but bottom line with factory turbo no need for 630cc injectors

Si271 likes this.
  39. JJZ

JJZ

like si was saying he’s been worried for 2+ years about it shitting itself that’s why your probably better off biting the bullet and forge it. there’s always that worry of travelling down the motorway and piston blows itself out of the side of block. iv spent enough on mine already fukin money pit [emoji2357]but it does put a smile on my face when i drive it. [emoji16] it there that famous saying sell it before it bankrupts you. laughing laughing.........

Si271 likes this.