Track Suspension that works everyday?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Stock265cup, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Have just decided that sooner or later(probably later, if I keep it) that my Megane is going to get new suspension. I do a few trackdays per year, would at the moment be 5 Max. Most of the time I use my car for general daily use, most use is on B roads luckily my commute to work is 6 miles of fantastic B/A roads, just had all belts, dephaser etc done at Ktec(pleases with service, car is 6 years old now, with 50,000 miles. Anyway my question is what’s suspension set ups would people recommend? I have never found the cup suspension harsh in daily driving so could probably tolerate more of this. Im a mechanical engineer by profession so would rather spend extra money for the right thing/combination rather than scrimp for the wrong thing. Also would be fitting myself and idea would still use the car daily. I know a wealth of you on here who could offer suggestions and all are welcome, Cheers. Sorry for long post.

2. I use Fondmetal Evo Course wheels when on track that I bought off of Casper and his Sprint/Time attack Megane that used to be on here. Have Pirelli Trofeo R tyres on at moment but will only get one more trackday out of them so tyre recommendations also welcome received. Run Michelin Pilot Sport 4s for daily.

3. not sure why need to change from factory suspension, its v good at B road stuff plus odd t/d

is it superior quality your after ?

4. More as in better for trackdays/adjustability but still tolerable for everyday use? I realise the standard cup suspension is very good for this.

5. Superior quality, yes.

6. well.......
    priced hi to lo

RSC (RS Centre)
    AST
    Nitron
    KW
    all have what you want just depends on pocket depth

7. What about BC's

Pyper likes this.
  8. How very daft of me, only the most popular aftermarket shocks everyone’s using BC’s will give you height, camber and toe adjustment at extraordinary lo cost

ianplymouth likes this.
  9. don't forget there are a number of different spring rates available :laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. i have b14,s and they are superb for both wrapped in mps4

11. Try to keep the wheel offset as near standard as possible. Also a lot of aftermarket spring/damper packages have stiffer rates than standard - for hill climbing I went for AST which have a decent amount of travel which is essential for good traction out of tight corners with camber changes, but then calculated my own rates based on corner weights and installation ratios. The result is very civilised on the road.

12. Cheers for info.