Throttle Body Performance Issue

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Bridie, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have read many threads over the years!

I have an 05 Megane 225 with 130k miles on clock (I've owned it for 11 years)

The engine maintenance light came on a few weeks ago. On the diagnostics it came up as the air flow which was cleaned out was fine for a while.

However I had noticed that there was a longer than normal lag when accelerating and it just felt a bit lumpy.

Then last week, after driving for a few minutes the Service light came on saying check injection and then ESP/ASR fault and it went in to limp mode. For the rest of the day it wasn't in limp mode but still ran crap. This happened every morning.

This time on the diagnostics it was the throttle body. My brother-in-law cleaned this out over the weekend and there are no maintenance lights but still running crap. He suggested replacing the mass air flow meter.

Before I throw money at random parts has anybody else had this experience or have any suggestions?

2. Welcome to the forum. Get a clip/diagnostic on it first before throwing money at it, as it could be one of many things, putting it in limp mode.