throttelbody meg2rs

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by tokiido, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Hi.......

my project go on so slowly:disrelieved:
    the stock throttelbody from the meg2rs has 40mm diameter. It is possible to use the throttlebody from the meg3rs (45mm diameter)?? of course with customized meg3rs intakemanifold :tongueout:
    Mechanically that would be no problem, but it fits from the elecktrick /control of the ECU ??

greetings

2. I did this on my mk2, the wiring is different between the two TB's, i did have the wiring diagram for this, but not long after i fitted the mk3 TB i removed it, i had a couple of occasions where the throttle would not do anything, had to stop, turn the engine off and restart then it would be okay for 2 minutes or 2 weeks you would never know.
    I had it mapped with it fitted and they said there wasn't any advantage in having it fitted, the standard 225/R26 TB is good for over 500hp.
    I kept the 250 manifold and made an adaptor to fit the 225 TB to it and i didn't have any further problem with the throttle not working.

3. Thanks for your information. Pin assignment I have ... have the visu data :smile:
    if there error messages ?? or did you have to read error memory?

thanks

4. No EML, no fault codes, just lost all throttle action until i restarted the engine

5. :astonished:that sucks !!

thanks for your info !!