Third time lucky! - Megane 275 Cup-S

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by TEV250, May 30, 2022.

1. Hi all,

I've been a lurker for years on the forum. Originally had a 2010 250 cup back in 2015/16 which I then sold, thinking I would move on to something new, which never happened! I then bought myself a lovely yellow 250 lux with cup pack, which was already modified by the previous owner and had KW V3's CAE shifter, hybrid turbo and all the supporting mods.

That was a lovely car but unfortunately got written off in a silly accident with a woman who decided to stop on a blind corner on a country road :smile:
    After that I bought a MK7 golf r from VW which turned out to have been in a major crash so was returned for a refund. Then I found myself in a TTRS, which I kept for a few months but then traded in for an F10 M5, which I've had until just last week, when I sold it and bought myself a 275 Cup-s the same day!

Here's some pictures from my past for you all :blush:

First 250 cup
    E1304549-1357-4956-89B0-938CB870A1EA.jpeg

Yellow 250
    B20FB0C2-FB8F-4606-B621-C75F027A5B12.jpeg

F10 M5 5C1DA4C5-25D4-409F-A2A4-1DCF38802E98.jpeg

In finally the CUP-S :smile:
    4AF68E21-4BB0-4483-8431-2FF31376B844_1_105_c.jpeg

I've got to say, I dont miss the M5. The Megane is exactly what I wanted, handles amazingly and looks great! It only lacks in the speed department and luxury (if you care about that)..

So far I've picked myself up a 20T hybrid ready to go and have a few plans just to get the car up to where I'd like it to be. This will be supporting mods for the Hybrid along with a set of coilovers and some braking components to give a bit more durability on some tracks days.

I'll keep this updated as I progress and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you all.

Cheers, Ben.

2. Welcome back Ben, nice looking cup s.

TEV250 likes this.
  3. Always nice to see people have a variety of different German 'powerhouses' and end up back in a Renault Sport.

Looks like you have picked up an excellent Cup-S, I had a Flame Red 275 and it's easily as nice colour as Liquid Yellow!

Seem to have some great plans for it, coilovers, a remap and the smaller 18" Tibors transformed the car for me.

TEV250 likes this.
  4. Yeah I dont miss the german motors at all! The M5 was great but the enjoyment of a megane on some good B roads still beats it for driver enjoyment.

Thats my plan. 18's and coilovers but I am just caught between a set of Bilstein B14 and BC Racing coilovers.. Any thoughts or feedback on the two options would be great as I plan to do maximum of 1 track day a month.

5. Welcome back. Pretty much swapped a 2013 E92 M3 for mine a few years back.

Had for coming up to 4 years now..... same as I had my R26.

Cant beat them.

TEV250 and Sam Dolby like this.
  6. I had B14’s on my old 275, they were perfect for the fast road use I wanted them for.

I did however get them used and pretty cheap, I’m sure the guy I bought them off was swapping them for BC Racing ones, I think they offer more adjustability.

There’s a set of new BC Racing ones on eBay at the minute for a great price, I saw someone post on one of the groups and watched them as they had some for the R26. They’re the 7kg/4kg that are recommended for fast road/tack use

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BC-Racin...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

TEV250 likes this.
  7. As I mentioned in the first post, I managed to bag myself a new 20T Hybrid at a bargain price. The guy had built his engine and moved on to a cooksport G25 setup which looks like a lovely bit of kit, but the 20T will be perfect for me!

I dont want to push for numbers, ideally just good power to as close to redline as possible. 340hp and similar torque would be ideal I think.

The car is booked in at K-Tec on the 5th of July for everything to be done. This will include:
    Turbo Fitting, 630cc Injectors, Wagner Intercooler, Intake kit and turbo inlet pipe, Decat, Downpipe for the akrapovic exhaust and then mapping to suit..

Anyone had recent mapping at K-tec? I asked about it when I spoke with them and they said its done by RS Tuning which is cool.

If there is anything else worth getting that any of you suggest to compliment what I'm having done please make some suggestions :smile:

Pic of the fresh hybrid:
    53103764-45FE-49E1-A852-F88E24F8A0C9_1_105_c.jpeg

8. I drove a friends E92 M3 a few years back and remember thinking at the time that it drove really nice. Almost felt like a megane in a way handling wise. Biggest problem for me is always fuel vs fun factor, especially with fuel prices now, I feel like I'm being ripped off and I cant have that :smiley:

9. Fuel Vs Fun. My Meg now probably cost the same in fuel per mile as my M3 did 4 years ago when it was 120p a litre.

My M3 pushed my into cycling.....

TEV250 likes this.

10. Quite a chunky amount of work. How do KTEC do the Map? Is it a generic for the spec or some kind of live collaboration mapping between RS Tuning and KTEC?

Where are you based? You on the Sunny South Coast?

11. Are you changing the flexi after the downpipe? The internal diameter of the standard item is probably the second biggest restriction after the cat itself.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143006302034

They even do a titanium version if you're feeling really flush.

12. That’s not a titanium flexi, it’s just to go with the akrapovic system to remove the flexi restriction and would need an adapter to work with larger bore aftermarket exhausts.

13. Cycling is a win win if the weather is nice I guess!

14. Yeah I think you're probably right. I am expecting it to be generic base map from RSTuning for these mods which are fairly typical and then some usual tweaking of boost/timing/fuel. A friend had his mapped there yesterday and it drives really nice now, smooth useable power.

Correct, I'm down in Weymouth! Where about's are you based?

15. I'm going for K-tec's 3 inch decat and then the downpipe with flexi for the Akrapovic here - https://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=7387&appid=20

16. Small update...
    Since buying the car, the Alcantara steering wheel has been bugging the hell out of me as it was filthy! :mask:
    IMG_5954.jpeg
    Who the hell lets a steering wheel get like that when the rest of the car is clean?!

So I recently got myself a bunch of fresh white microfibre towels and some RaceGlaze Alcantara cleaner which turns out to be some great stuff.

IMG_5956.jpeg

After some minor cleaning on one half of the wheel, look at the dirt!
    IMG_5957.jpeg

Ended up using two whole microfibres to come to a decent finish which now looks like this:
    IMG_5966.jpg
    IMG_5963.jpg
    Much happier for less than 40 minutes to go over for the first time. I'll probably get a suede brush at some point and give it another going over.

Car is going in on Tuesday next week at Ktec for the hybrid to be fitted and all the bolt-ons I can do such as wagner cooler, pipework, decat, intake etc. Hoping for a nice smooth power to near redline, ideally 340-350HP and similar torque!

Will update when I get it back, fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Attached Files:

Matt9566 likes this.
  17. Not hanging about - I like it!!

Great job on the steering wheel, can't beat alcantara! Reminds me I need to do mine too

Let us know the results from Ktec

TEV250 likes this.
  18. Cleaner looks good but I'd honestly recommend a small amount of fairy liquid in warm water, soal a microfibre ring out and then go to town with the steering wheel.

Then repeat with a new microfibre but in plain warm water to rinse out the fairy liquid. Leave to dry and it's spot on.

Also recommend a trs steering wheel cover. Great to use when your just tootling around and then take it off when you want a spirited drive or on track.

TEV250 likes this.
  19. Yeah I did read about that method. To be honest, you’re right that it doesn’t need anything special. Just something to cut through oils but not too strong.

Funny you say about the wheel cover, I was literally just thinking earlier that I could do with one of those. I’ll take a look!