265 Strange Noise From Fan Vents

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Tom163, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Picked up my 265 only a few days ago and today noticed that a strange noise can he heard coming out of the fan vents. It’s kind of like a huffing/whirring noise and goes away soon as the climate control is turned off.

It doesn’t happen all the time either but seems to be when it’s been a longer drive meaning the climate/fans have been on for longer.

One other thing I have noticed is that if I turn the fans up to max speed and then back down to min the noise doesn’t come back for about 5/10 seconds.

I have made a video of the noise:

Thanks

2. Also just to add this noise can only be heard from the vents. Nothing at all under the bonnet or outside the car.

3. Check the filter in the heater, probably full of leaves.

4. Hi,

Is that a big job at all? No idea where the filter is to check.

Thanks

5. Its in the drivers foot well beside the clutch peddle, bit of a shit to do, i had to vacuum mine out as it was packed with dust, dirt and leaves.

Not an easy job to refit the filter either.

6. Sound like fun! Was yours making the same noise as mine before you changed and cleaned the filter?

Read some people with similar needed a regas.

7. sure was, was surprised it was working at all with he amount of rubbish that was in there.

might be worth getting the air con checked, but my experience is it works or it doesn't, regas is about £40

8. I think after a discover this morning it unfortunately won’t be stuff stuck in the filter or fan :worried:

Found out if I leave the climate on but just turn the Aircon off the noise goes away. Fans are silent without A/C engaged.

I am just hoping now it’s just a regas needed than a compressor or anything.

Still cannot hear anything under the bonnet near the belts area with it on or off though.

Thanks