Splitters on an R26

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Si271, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Anybody have a CM Composite splitter fitted?!
    Received mine today, it's a total work of art compared to the usual plastic shite.
    Was wondering on the fitting?
    Help! [emoji16] fe6cce0caab1cb17aaa61ca279653631.jpg 397d8b74769378eb40c1e1cf4d6b51b5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Trophyboy likes this.
  2. looks like lots of drilling required.
    hope you have acess to a ramp,and your undertray is intact.

3. Looking forward to seeing it fitted. Post up some pics. :sunglasses:

Trophyboy likes this.
  4. Definatly looking forward to seeing this fitted... Looks very functional for a trackcar

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Can't wait to see it on your car. Nice!

6. posting cos I'm deciding whether I want one and to see the results

7. Unfortunately I've been slacking with the car recently, apart from servicing it, having coilovers and my Team Dynamics 1.2's fitted. Will possibly fit the splitter within the next 7 days, or failing that, shortly after Xmas. I'll post pics as soon as its on the car, but for those contemplating getting one.... I really recommend it!
    Cheers,
    Si

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

8. My concern was from an aero point of view. What effects it has etc. As from training I’m aware more than 100mm from the ground it becomes of little purpose

9. It'll look nice though! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] All joking aside, yep, I agree.... If it's too high it won't really provide any purpose at all, hence fully adjustable coilovers. Mine are currently set at a reasonable height for the bloody awful UK roads, and when I finally get the bastard thing to a track, I'll be dropping it to a sensible height so I fully expect the splitter to start doing it's thing. Having met someone months ago that had what I think was a prototype fitted, he confirmed that it did increase the downforce on the front end dramatically. I hope he's right! [emoji16]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk