so mainly been doing this mod

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by rockabilly, Jun 26, 2020.

1. this is not an easy job but i thought worth it. the head unit is canbus too.
    you will loose use of the volume up and down stalk buttons but that all.some cutting and fab work required a the renault fluence has a slightly different centre vent shape and this is made for that. its all plug and play except to wires to join the original harnes and 2 too cut on the new adapter loom. i am using torque app and a proscan dongle.will add some pics of the mods to the dash..there is some cutting but even so all can be put back to factory without any issues afterwards,

2. above you will see some cutting required and you have to destroy a centre to vent to use the two pieces above, IMG_2183.JPG IMG_2184.JPG

3. also i used a spring to retain the unit in place very simple but effective.trimming at the top mid way through IMG_2182.JPG

4. you use your old switches but replace the covers from the supplied kit. the andriod head unit is pretty much a std xtron unit, maps, google,videos etc

5. any questions just ask

6. Really fine job rockabilly! Very very good looking. Now you have that machine perfectly controlled:wink:

rockabilly likes this.
  7. Great work.

rockabilly likes this.
  8. how is the sound quality of the new HU in comparisation to the shit standard one?

9. cant really say how the quality is mate. my car came with full speaker upgrade, pioneer under seat subwoofer and pioneer amp. but does sound superb i have to say

10. So alls been good but replaced the screen unit with a std unit. A little trimming and the screen fits. IMG_20200930_090447.jpg

11. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Great work there buddy looks ace

12. so i bought a std tom unit and removed the factory screen and replaced with my one from the old housing,very happy now MEGANERS-8.jpg