Single exhaust?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by twinturbo, Mar 16, 2019.

1. 2004 225....

I have not had a good look over my newly acquired megane, it's a project rather than a daily.

One thing that confuses me is that it only has a single left hand exhaust tail, no centre tailpipe?

Any ideas on why?

Thanks

TT

2. center pipe?...should look like this..

3. It's not like that at all, just far left. (same colour mind, good guess :wink: )

V5 says 225..... Looks like a 225 otherwise?

Cheers

TT

4. Send us a picture? Don't think there even is an MK2 variant with a protruding offcenter tail pipe... Must be custom then?

5. somethings wrong..all meganesport mk2`s have the same exhaust arrangement.

6. OK I think I have this worked out....

I registered on "MYRENAULT" and confirmed it is indeed defo a 225 and not something else....

Went up to my office where it's stored and had a look at it. The rear bumper has a diffuser in it which did not ring any bells, on closer inspection it looks like a well made fibreglass replacement bumper..

RS1.jpg

TT

7. Never seen that before. Looks kinda cool :smiley:

8. thing is though..what have they done with the backbox?
    must have a made up exhaust box on the rear.

9. So it's not recognisable???

Could not find a match on google.

Interesting.

will have to take a look underneath, may be a custom stainless hopefully :wink:

TT

10. its just a bodge up mate.
    you used to be able to buy that diffuser,that could be grafted into the original bumper.
    twin tailpies were retained,with some fabrication.

i have never seen a single pipe.
    And the black surround above the diffuser ,is not like it should be.

11. made by KTEC..looks good when done professionally.

12. not sure its the same, there is a defined line that the black section follows, larger than the KTEC pictures posted..

13. jus
    just a homemade lash up.Just get yourself a second hand rear bumper,and backbox.
    you can pick them up on here or the facebook page all the time for not much.

14. not sure i would call it a "lash up" or "bodge up" , I have seen many many poorly fitted /adapted body kits over the years and this has been grafted in very well. the quality of the grafted part looks very good.

There is a hole for the second pipe, but the "Track" strap is in the way.

The exhaust is stock steel, not had a look at the back box arrangement.

15. each to there own.If you like the look of it,then fine.