Schwedenkreuz edition megane rs

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Woody155, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Decided to try wrong wheel drive. Have mainly been a bmw man, owning a e46 330ci (wish I never sold) & e92 330i which was unfortunately killed on the outskirts of Antwerpen. kkfFbhQl.jpg

I had been looking for a replacement car to get out on track again and came across the Renault.
    It’s a 265 cup with just over 70k and full history.
    The previous owner had planned to track the car fitting ns2r tyres and upgraded pads however he never really used it.

So a deal was done.
    Z4ud4ogl.jpg

Collection day! Having traveled up to Warwickshire the weather wasn’t looking to bad. However as I got in the car the heavens opened, the m40 soon became a swimming pool and made an interesting first drive back on semi slicks.

First impressions, I’m really happy with it have only done around 300 miles so far. Their does seem to be a few niggles:
    Inner door handle seems to want to pull off. I believe this is a common issue however haven’t seen a solution I like so far. Any suggestions??

Also the obd cover trim won’t clip back in and nothing appears to be missing from it. Unless it’s me being daft‍♂️ (most probably the case)

So first jobs on my to do list:
    Full service
    Gearbox oil change
    Thermostat & coolant change
    Full inspection and identify anything what’s looking like it’s due replacement.

Job number 1 cabin filter.
    Easy on a lhd car not so much on a rhd however isn’t too bad
    Be59vX6l.jpg

Next up was oil and filter change
    8NAzdU7l.jpg 5OXA3lsl.jpg

Then thermostat and coolant flush. The bolts for the thermostat housing are awkward especially the lower one
    q4bfobzl.jpg Kfr12QRl.jpg

Still have spark plugs and fuel filter to change. However parts didn’t arrive in time, and have been busy with work so will swap them over the weekend.

Have also made a start on giving the car a good detail with giving the wheels a caramic coat. It’s my first time using a caramic coating, have always used a traditional wax before.
    Can recommend the auto finesse kit for a first timer.
    Time will tell with the results however was very straight forward to use. I’ve also coated one wheel with wheel wax for a comparison.
    wTSXFWkl.jpg okOwCm1l.jpg

Attached Files:

2. While all this was being done, I sent my steering wheel off to be retrimed.
    It’s pretty straightforward to remove the wheel on the megane
    o6XTecbl.jpg UIeyq6Bl.jpg

Also have made a start on giving the interior a good clean. I started with a good vacuum then protected the carpets and mats with car pro fabric
    f3FPesvl.jpg

Then cleaned and treated all the leather and plastics

Hopefully over the next couple weeks I can change the gearbox oil, finish the service and start on the outside detail.
    Future plans are refreshing the complete cooling system.
    Upgrade any week points on the car
    Refresh suspension components
    Calliper refurb and fluid change
    And any other jobs what come up.

I’m hoping to do brands hatch in march next year for a proper shakedown then a couple of ring trips

3. Couple more pics of the car 1BA268D3-5784-4986-8375-CD4F4ACA7DD4.jpeg

Attached Files: