Sabelt Purchased, what else do i need/Where to get stuff/etc.

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Naith, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

hola, Got myself a Taurus XL for the driverside and need a little help.

The seat I have obviously, I have a harness too so I'm guessing I need side mounts now and the floorplate/baseplate??

I spoke with josh cook earlier today and he said that side mounts alone are possible but it would sit silly low so want it proper.

So here's the 20questions...

I have generic OMP sliders i bought a few years ago but never fitted them to some buckets I bought, will they coupled to the side mount and baseplate enable the seat to move or did i naively many moons ago buy the completely wrong thing?

Also, I often see megane Recaro baseplates for sale, would they work with side mounts coupled onto them or is there no correct connection?

I know I can mount the harness to the cage or the floor, I'll consult the safety diagrams to see which would be better. I also know i can get the bits from RenaultSport as its the same as what goes into the previous generation clio cup race car so thats a possibility...

Any links to people with the required bits or companies would be great. Bar ktec.

2. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

sure you would be fine with recaro frames and side mounts but you may need to have an adaptor plate made to line the two up.

3. I mounted my sabelt seats on ktec floor mounts with omp runners and side mounts of ebay mate.

The seat tapers so holes needed drilling in the bottom of the side mounts then just a case of bolting runners on a then through runners to base.

Dave

4. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

5. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

I would say so mate as long as the fit your seat. how wide are the new seats compared to a trendline? the only adjustment will be making them fit to the sub frames and you will more than likely have to make a new plate up to accommodate both hole centres.

6. Weld in a seat rail kit

7. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

That makes no sense whatsoever.

8. Whats not to get.

Weld in a seat rail kit. Can get it from JJC then your side mounts bolt onto this. Using the standard recaro mounts with side mounts on the buckets you'll sit high.

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

The fact you just put your initial comment. Now you've explained it I can work out what you meant a lot better. Thanks.

10. I have them in mine. Only issue is cutting part of the carpet but they will never move. I put a slider kit on my drivers too.

11. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I have a slider thing it's an OMP one I bought years ago so that can go on it too. I'm sure someone I know does megane floor mounts.

12. Yeah the side mounts should be a standard width so any will do. Usually have one straight hole and one elongated one in case there slightly different.

13. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

What seats u got in there now naith?

14. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

passenger is oem driver a Sabelt Taurus XL mate. Sourced some mounts from Pyro too, YEHHH!

15. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

From the direct competition?

16. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Burn!!!!

17. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

YAS! You can sit in will x

18. Will.

No. #66 for lyfe.

19. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Me n mikey B are coming for yo.

After the reshell mind.

20. Will.

Proper LOLs at his off on Sunday. Straight, straight, turn left at a right hander and into the wall. Oh welll.

21. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Guys a knob.

Anyway back on topic! Haha!