**RSMegane Regions Section, Who wants to be a regional Rep.**

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Naith, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Hi All,

Put this in GC so it's openly visible. This weekend I'm going to boost the regions sections and implement it properly into the forum. It's been something we've needed to do for a while and now I'll get it sorted.

Areas will be split into regions and ideally I'd like the prospective area rep to organise at least one meet a month. Even if it's a pub lunch, drive out or an afternoon messing about on someone's motor it's a part of RSM I want to grow and be utilised. The old area setup I had for the NW was sometimes simple but then we went out for museum trips, runs to Southport, xmas dinners... Area Reps will have full access to their own area. I can't offer much more than that, we all do this for the passion of cars, unpaid and in our own time.

Regions will be split quite basically and if there is say someone in Aberdeen that wants to help I'll be happy to setup a Scotland North and Scotland South. Initially though it will be limited to the following:

London
    Scotland
    North West
    North East
    North Wales
    South Wales
    Midlands
    Yorkshire
    South East
    South Central
    South West

Like I said its basic at the moment and I know there will be people from Manchester that can't attend stuff in say Morecambe for example. I'd like for us to have reps in Europe and Australia too but only with the 2016 growth is expect is it something to look at.

I know Jamie has put his hat in for Scotland and we are happy to accept that, anyone interested please feel free to comment in here and if there's any Q's ask away.

The list below shows the confirmed members that will be reps for regions when they go live:

Scotland - Jamie.

I'll update as we sort it out.

Thanks all,

Naith.

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Excellent Naith, as per my PMs it's exactly what the club needs.

For anyone else wondering, I was a rep on ZSOC for a couple of years and helped turn what was a quiet region into one of the busiest and most active in the club so have a bit of expriance of what being a rep entails :wink:

dub16 likes this.

3. Nice1 Jamie - good stuff mate!

4. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Good shout Naith

5. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Thanks guys. It's been on the cards a while it's just running this place on my own and having a life doesn't seem to be allowed anymore haha!

We'll get the regions sorted right out. Thanks for the patience.

6. I'm not nominating myself for South Wales as not having one on road And can't commit.. but theres a few of you out there I know.. And I can attend stuff now and then but any trackdays at pembrey I'll most likely be at.. And will be racing there in the megane most months through The season.. they could be meet up..

7. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Cheers josh! Yeh just showing an interest to attend something is good enough! We'll get there.

8. Be good to get this going, I think it's died rite off in the north east! Never seem to see any meets or shows to attend!

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

You fancy the job minchy?

10. Haha would love to but I'm a workaholic and don't really get any spare time, other wise I would've volunteered.

11. I'd put my name in the hat for south central :smile:

12. ^^^ likewise... id put my name in the hat for an Essex region if there were to be one?? :wink:

13. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

I would be interested in being South Central rep.

I have organised a meet at Surrey Rolling Road on Saturday 6th February if anyone's interested in attending or having their car dyno'd.

14. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Cheers guys, I'll happily have more than one rep per area so the organising workload can be shared.

15. I'd be happy to help out in the Midlands

16. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Good lad. I'm looking at moving to Salisbury in the near future so will be around for meets. Been a while since I seen you guys.

17. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

I'm always happy to get involved - I'll pick up South Wales happily mate

18. I've got no problem helping Tim I'll take on the trackdays (y) just didn't wanna have the full responsibility as I don't have the time for that..
    also I have got back to you about that breather cover is your inbox full?

19. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

No I just got flu mate and feel like turd! Lol
    ill pm you josh

20. Would be nice to have more meets near me! Really looking forward to this forum growing!

21. TimR26

Have you still got the 225 F1? Seem to recall you were going to sell it a one point.

22. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

YH I still have it. Really don't wanna sell it but I think with moving to Salisbury I'll have to as the commute to work ends up being a lot more than it is now. However won't be in a rush so will enjoy it while I still can.

23. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

i dont mind doing herts and beds, probley come under south east?

24. I like the sound of that! Lots of local meets!

25. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Ok time to get this sorted, i'd forgot about it to be honest, a recent post by Matt reminded me.

So time to introduce our first two Area Reps

@matt e - South East
    @-Jamie- - Scotland

Any other interest on being an area rep drop me and/or @Naith a message or post in here and we'll see what we can do!

matt e and TimR26 like this.
  26. TimR26

I would like to be South Central rep like I am in Cliosport.

27. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Done, I'll sort it out when I get on the laptop.

TimR26 likes this.