RS250 from Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Vojta.MHR, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Hi I am from Czech Republic and would like to share with you my Megane 3 RS.
    The cars i 2010 RS250 Cup

Engine
    Stock internels and turbo
    K-Tec Panel filter
    K-Tec Decat downpipe
    2,75" resonated catback exhaust
    Forge intercooler
    Forge DV
    Powerflex yellow mounts
    Vibratech torque link
    Chassis
    KW Clubsport
    Powerflex bushing
    Brakes
    K-Tec braided lines
    PFC Z-Rated .11 in front + stock grooved discs
    PFC .322 in rear + stock grooved discs
    Wheels
    OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET48
    Nankang AR-1??

Photos I took while upgrades being installed by me and my brother.

Attached Files:

trickmansa, Michal and Victor like this.
  2. The car is currently back on Sportcontact5s which I moved back to from AD08RS i didnt like. It may be due to the new compound for Europe i dont know but they felt terrible. There is a interesting picture showing the size difference between SC5s and AD08RSes both tires are 235/40 r18.

I am about to try AR-1s. What do you guys recommend? I would love to have DZ03g - they are the best from what i have heard but they are too pricey in my country- around 330 pounds each.

Car is used on weekends and trackdays.

Attached Files:

3. Just tested the AR-1, the tire is really good and fast. The grip is good and hard to overheat even in a small track with alot of hard braking and sharp turns.

4. Thanks. I think ill give them a go.
    I am now waiting for k-tec to deliver a new map.
    I went for a very hot trackday at local Autodrom Most and the engine gasped above 4k rpm after few laps. There was 60degrees celsius in airbox. I hope that new map will sort it out.

5. some nice upgrades there, for rear pads did you mean PFC 332 or 322 as the 332 is PFC 97 replacement and is a brutal pad for disc wear, killed my factory rear discs in one day.

6. Thanks ;-)
    Might be worth to check it...

It is the .332 version and i dont see any abnormal wear on rear discs. K-Tec recommended them. They work good with abs.

Did you do any brake cooling upgrades? My fronts brake well and are consistent with rbf660 fluid but after every trackday are glazed and vibrate on my way home (after few cooling laps). They need to bed in again after that.

7. Did you use esp?

8. Never use esp, that would kill rear pads

9. Not fitted any aux cooling and yer the discs do suffer with heat, that rbf 660 is good stuff the Castrol React is better but wow expensive

10. New tires for my Megane. I decided to try r888r’s...

Attached Files:

11. New parts for my Megane. :-)
    CL RC6 for the front are just great. Pedal is much stiffer than with PFC Z.
    Short Foliatec antena
    Cant wait for tommorows trackday.

Attached Files:

12. how the reception of radio with the shorter antenna?

13. I didnt notice any difference. Its Foliatec.

14. If get chance be good try R888R after AR1

15. R888r are not that wide as AD08r in 235/40.
    I expected a little more from an internet hero like r888r... but they work well cold. So for hillclimbing or lighter cars they are good. I must try the Direzza anyway...

I installed some new bits on my car. Steering wheel absolutely transformed the car! I have more space for my legs under the wheel now. So I dont feel like riding a minibike as the stock ergonomy sucks for taller people.

Attached Files:

16. Some new updates I made.

-Hard front springs
    -Black Powerflex bushing front and rear.
    -ATS GTR 9x17, custom dark grey colour, not yet decided on tires
    -custom ECU tune on dyno - 301HP, 450Nm on wheels

I am now satisfied with how car behaves.

Attached Files:

17. Best wheels! :-)

18. From were did you order the ATS GTR's?

19. AP Motorspost UK. You cant buy them directly from ATS because you need custom ET for Megane.