RS Monitor Plug & Play

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by EAndy, Sep 9, 2016.

1. RS Monitor for sale - Part number 280340023R it's the discontinued one that plugs & plays.

It's actually the one that Nathan250 is breaking and I'm collecting it tomorrow, however I'm literally on the verge of retro-fitting the RS Monitor 2.0 with RLink from a RS265 with the touch screen monitor and therefore it's surplus.

As a man of my word I committed to purchase and will continue to stick to that. I'm paying £205 for it and will be looking to sell for the same amount but will include next day delivery via UPS in that cost.

Unless between now and tomorrow anyway is able to 100% commit to purchase from Nathan250 perhaps and get it direct.

Kaizasouza likes this.
  2. What are you fitting the R link into?

3. I have never heared of the plug and play RS monitor. Got a link to it? How does it work/look etc.

Could be very interested.

4. Bowen if you have a RS250 with standard radio this is what came with those that had the RS Monitor.

You simply remove your radio / clock display. Unplug, then plug this in. Takes roughly 3-4 minutes to remove unit and fit this one.

Hey presto you now have an RS Monitor!

Moono16v fitting the RS Monitor 2.0 from a 265 into a 250.

Mine already had TomTom so had the controls, loom, etc just needed modifying.

Things like airbag light, seat belts etc are a seperate clip on side of display which I already have.

Will photo later to show as picture explains better

Kaizasouza and F1 2.0RS like this.
  5. @EAndy any chance you could fit me one I have a 250 with the Tom Tom.

PahLok likes this.
  6. interested, just worried that i plug in after replacing my 'Renault' default display and nothing changes.

7. You're tempting me now too, but if eddie has already ordered me a fresh display then I'm still guinea pig!

Eddie_ likes this.
  8. If no one is committed, then I'll take it! Just had word from Eddie.

Eddie_ likes this.
  9. Sold now to Nigelo.

Moono16v I can do a guide if I get it working as said on other thread its not reading data, display is there but empty bars.

Sunday I have a chance to have a play more.

PahLok likes this.
  10. Ahhh okay if it's not operating like a 2*5 then I'll leave it :smile:

Thanks though.

11. At a guese i would think you would need a 265 ecu.

12. You need for certain

Shell
    Loom
    Monitor
    Controls (Stalk & Console)

If you have the TomTom you have that basically bar monitor.

I only started messing around Thursday. By Sunday I'll have it working I just need to work out a few wires and borrow / access CLIP to check few things.

I'm 110% it can be done and retrofit within 30 mins for those in future if a loom was ready made and CLIP. I'm certain within a week I'll have it working fine

I don't think I'll need the ECU the info is already there it's just getting it to communicate correctly

Nigelo likes this.
  13. OK sold and packaged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nigelo likes this.
  14. Did you manage to get the R-link 2 working?

15. EAndy, were you able to make RS Monitor work in the car with TomTom nav? How complicated is it? I suppose it's not just plug'n'play?

Kaizasouza likes this.
  16. I too would definitely like to hear more about this install. Really interested.

Jordan Moyle likes this.