RS Megane R26 F1 Team 260bhp £3400

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by tubbysi, Jul 4, 2019.

1. IMG_20190630_164531.jpg IMG_20190630_164741.jpg IMG_20190630_164753.jpg IMG_20190630_165035.jpg IMG_20190630_165213.jpg IMG_20190630_165438.jpg IMG_20190630_170810.jpg IMG_20190630_170833.jpg IMG_20190630_164531.jpg
    Renault Sport Megane 230 R26 F1 Team number 1561

This car comes with all the usual R26 goodies, Recaros, Brembo brakes, Limited Slip Diff… and also benefits from an RS Tuning remap giving 260 BHP and 280 Lb Ft torque, and a K-Tec Racing induction kit which gives a nice amount of induction noise.

I have really enjoyed my time with this Megane R26. I purchased the car with the idea of using it for some track days, but I have never managed to find the time, so the car has just been used as a daily driver. I have therefore decided that it is time to let someone enjoy the car properly, rather than the pootling about that I do.

The car is genuinely quick, with the RS Tuning remap giving it loads of low end grunt as well as plenty of mid and top end power. The LSD really allows you to make full use of the power as well, it just grips and grips!

It has a full stamped service history up to 84,602 miles, with the last service carried out by an ex-professional mechanic friend (hence no stamp) at 94,126 (car currently has 97,400 miles). The last service included a new aux belt, new inner and outer track rod ends, and new rear pads. The cambelt was changed in 2016 at 72,800 miles. The car comes with loads of history and paperwork, so you can be assured it has always been properly looked after. The history shows that the car has never had any issues, just the normal wear and tear items - disks, pads, plugs, injectors. It's a great car as is, or at this price a great starting point for a big power project (which was my intention when I purchased the car).

She has just been MOT’d – expiry 04/07/2020, and has recently had two new Michelin PS4 tyres fitted, so it’s ready for its new owner to enjoy.

The car is in really good condition throughout, and looks really striking in the bright red paint. There are some very minor stone chips, as to be expected for a car of this age and mileage, and there is a minor 4cm scratch on the front bumper (can be seen in the photos – between the headlight washer and the front fog light), it has also had a bit of paint on the rear bumper to repair a car park scuff, which is blended in well but is slightly off a perfect colour match (drivers side, have included a photo) but this really doesn’t detract from the car at all. Everything works as it should, with the exception of the air-con, which I believe needs a re-gas (everything operates correctly it just doesn’t blow cold).

I have included lots of photos to show how good this car looks, both inside and out. But do get in touch if you have any questions, or to arrange viewing. R26s are becoming ever more sought after, but unlike many which seem to already be priced at ‘collector car’ money, this one is priced sensibly and described honestly ! This car is advertised elsewhere, for higher money, but I'd prefer to sell to an enthusiast, so have put a lower price on it on here :smile:

Car is located in South Hampshire, near Southampton.
    Feel free to give me a call on 07886 293361 or just PM me.

2. Deposit now taken

eddie ninja likes this.
  3. Now sold.
    Henry, I hope you enjoy the car :smile:

4. Now sold.
    Henry, I hope you enjoy the car :smile:

matt e likes this.