Retrimmed steering wheel

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Alex Essex, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Does anyone have a steering wheel for sale. It's for a Megane 250.

Cheers
    Alex

2. Think you would be better off getting one retrimed yourself, stuff like this 2nd hand is going to be rare

3. I was looking at this, my biggest problem is not having a steering wheel, does anyone know if another steering wheel (even basic) would fit, while I get mine re-trimmed?

4. If you use someone like Royal Steering Wheels, they do it on an exchange basis, i.e. they send you a retrimmed wheel, you get your garage to swap it over and post your old wheel back to them.

Cost me £160 to have mine retrimmed:

IMG-20190910-151409a.jpg

Alex Essex and Gareth like this.
  5. I had already messaged him a while ago but he didn't say anything about being able to do an exchange, would have got it done if there was. Good to know it does or did exist.

6. Top blokes at Royal steering wheels, great commucation and advise. Had mine done recently on an exchange basis, once you receive the new retrimmed wheel you have 10 days to return yours. Like most items on exchange you have to pay a £100 surcharge which is refunded once they receive your wheel. I must of got three emails from the guys during the process which only took a week.
    Their workmanship is fantastic and the new wheel really transforms the interior.
    Highly recommended.
    Kevin.

7. i have a snappy re trimmed in alcantara 197 wheel in my R26.
    The alcantara feels great in your hands,and the quality of the work is incredible.