Recaro Seat premium?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Stock265cup, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Just been thinking, how much extra do people think a car with the factory Recaro seats is worth over the same car with the standard seats?

2. About a tenner, tried some pole positions and think there not worth the money, that might just be me

Jamie230 likes this.
  3. £500-£700 roughly

Beau likes this.
  4. About a tenner, tried some pole positions and think there not worth the money, that might just be me.

Ha.

5. I would agree with at least £700. If you don't like them they sell for £1000 - 1500 on the used market. IMO they are a really nice seat and make the interior feel a bit more special as a road car.

There are really mixed reviews, but I loved the Recaros in my RS 250.

Alex Essex likes this.
  6. Not thinking of selling, I like them as seats for daily use. Was just wondering, agree that they set the interior/car off nicely.

Beau likes this.
  7. I think that the recaros are the only good thing about the interior.

JlllCK J and Beau like this.
  8. This also

9. Depends if you’re really tall and intend to carry passengers behind you. I sold my 250 with Recaros due to them having a bar at the base which prevent people’s feet from going underneath. Essentially made the seat behind me redundant.
    I agree that they are comfy and look great, just not very practical.

After a short stint in a Cupra 280, I’m back in a 265 cup with the standard cloth seats. I find them even more comfortable and almost as supportive. People can actually sit behind me now too!!

10. Definitely about £1k. Depends on the market though, sometimes there's a few going with them but sometimes there's hardly any for sale with them so can be sold over £1k more

11. I sold my 250 with Recaros due to them having a bar at the base......

:openmouth:

12. Well, that and I fancied a change too. However, although it’s a second car, with 3 kids it was going to cause me issues.

13. Tell the kids to put up and shut up, ha. I don’t remember my parents consulting me when they bought cars.

14. To be fair, I probably used that more as an excuse to buy another car. But....when carrying a kid behind me, I did have to raise the seat right up to get their feet under. Made it quite uncomfortable.

15. Ha, fair enough.