1. Hi
    Have recently purchased a R26 in blue.
    I have to say I have driven nothing as exciting as this car.
    Wow there is something about Renault Sports.
    Have spent most of my career in the motor industry , Saab , BMW , Volvo and Citroen.
    Have driven nearly everything.
    But this car is at the top of my list.
    I can honestly say why the hell didn't I buy one of these years ago.
    I'm so impressed.
    Took the car to the Nurbergring in the summer and the car performed very well.
    Did 4 laps in total and couldn't believe how good the brakes were.
    Have made modifications already.
    20mm wheel spacers all round , BC Coil Over kit , Reyland 343mm front discs , Corbeau Race seats , 3inch harness's , Roll cage , Decat , Complete engine/gearbox mount kit , Braided Hoses.
    Still more to come like Forged Rods , Flywheel and Clutch upgrade , injectors and Hybrid , Intercooler kit.
    Very difficult to spend money without the wife knowing.
    Have already spent £5,000 in parts.
    Worth every penny.

2. bushes,steering,and suspension components will be next.
    They are all starting to be tired in these departments now.
    RPD very good for best prices on OEM bits.

eddie ninja likes this.
  3. Yep already replaced inner steering arms and outer track rods , Anti roll bar links and rotational links
    Have a complete set of Black series polyflex bushes front and rear.
    Just waiting for the tools to arrive.
    I'll be busy soon.

4. Is it mapped? What bhp/torque you got?

5. When I purchased the car the previous owner told me it had a remap because of the scorpion exhaust and induction kit fitted.
    He said it was 246bhp not sure about the torque.
    I am soon installing the Hybrid turbo.
    Then its going for a remap and 630 injectors.
    Also thinking about putting Forged Rods in first just to make it safe.

6. What sort of power/torque you going for? You can get 270-280 bhp without the hybrid and cap it at 300Ftlb and don’t need the forged rods.
    I’ve got a hybrid plus the r26r clutch, injectors, hybrid turbo, Miltek carjack exhaust and forged pistons (and sports cat) and get 296/310. I can’t really tell the difference to when it had no hybrid or Miltek so you could save your money.
    But you won’t Lol

7. Was looking to achieve around 290/300bhp because at Nurbergring the series 3 Meganes leave me on the straights.
    Maybe your right but I need to remove the engine to carry out a complete gasket overhaul and clutch replacement.
    So might as well replace the rods as these are the main cause of engine failure due to increased torque.
    Well at least it should be more safer.
    Leaving the Hybrid off then might save money as 280bhp technically is enough.
    As I have removed front and rear seats and replaced front sets with lightweight ones I have already gained equivalent 20bhp power to weight ratio.
    So we will see.
    Depends how bored and how much money I can hide from the wife

eddie ninja likes this.
  8. Yep I felt most difference when I put buckets in with the rears out. I’ve not been to the ring yet but at Bedford with my current set up it was as fast as I need and quicker than at least 2 m3s (older and prob first time at Bedford BUT IT STILL COUNTS!!!) ;-)

As car is where I want it trying to just spend money on consumables and the stuff that breaks. Am also into the car for at least £5k (on top of purchase price) and I and the wife think that’s enough ;-)

9. I guesstimate the weight of mine is about 1280kg now so yea is a decent power to weight. Could make it lighter but would either make it less nice on the road and the cost v performance gain not worth it unless I just come across a carbon r26r bonnet laying by the side of the road :-)

10. Also what wheels you got? I put Team Dynamic Pros on mine this year and again was a noticeable difference to the oem wheels. Demon Tweeks 0% finance plus you’d get about £100 for the old wheels.

11. Just standard rims at the moment.
    Tyres next as mine are nearly shot