Protection detail

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Chris Llewellyn, Sep 3, 2017.

1. IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0983.JPG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0991.JPG IMG_0994.JPG Did a protection detail on my liquid yellow megane RS265 yesterday. Safe wash ( 2 bucket method ), rinsed, Koch chemie clay bar, rinsed, dried, Stage 1 polish with Rupes bigfoot, yellow pad and polish. Finally finished bodywork and wheels with gtechniq crystal serum light.

Attached Files:

2. Looking great....now get a couple of layers of ExoV3 on top of it to really finish it off

Chris Llewellyn likes this.
  3. Looks really good, would love to get mine machined at some piont

4. Lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Training to become a professional detailer, did a 3 day intensive detailing course in August and now honing my skills before i start charging.
    Part time and then hopefully full time in the future.

6. Good luck with it mate. I ran my detailing business part-time for about 4 years and started planning to going full time. About 6 months before the date I had in my head to finish my shift job, I bust my achilles and then the realisation kicked in that if I had made the move, then there would be no money coming in, so I bottled it (worst mistake ever, with hindsight) and kept working for the man. I do look back on it and think, 'what if ?' a lot. Although in a different position now and if I was made redundant (with a decent payoff) I think I would take the plunge.

I still do cars part-time when home from offshore, mainly for clients I have had previously or fellow car enthusiasts who I show the basic ins and outs.

7. Thanks mate,
    Long term future of my current job doesn't look great so if the the worse should happen in 2-3 years i would be ready to hit the ground running with a few years experience under my belt. Plus i would have some decent redundancy.
    Sorry to hear about you're stituation but like you said no sick pay self employed.