Project:Meg

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by L14MHV, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Here is my RS265 which is my first dive into the world of Renaultsport.

Prior to picking this up I had a VW Golf Edition 30, which I thought I'd struggle to come away from as it was so capable and comfortable doing all tasks.
    https://i.imgur.com/QedELQB.jpg
    I'd always fancied a Megane RS and so I decided to start looking for one online, as we were just at the beginning of the lockdown. After knowing the kind of spec list I "had to have" I found this on Ktecs website.
    https://i.imgur.com/ui2IowB.jpg
    Due to restrictions I was unable to go and view it so I decided I'd put a holding deposit on it....having to wait nearly two whole months before a first viewing and test drive.
    When I arrived at Ktec the car was sat inside their showroom and it looked amazing. I was pretty much sold on it from that moment! Then came the unaccompanied test drive!! Wow. Bear in mind I had just got out of my 300bhp Edition 30 and a 3 hour drive, I got into the Megane and instantly felt at home! I put it through some corners and was then absolutely sold!! So I headed back to agree a deal.
    That done I returned 1 week later to collect it.
    An easy and painless process dealing with Dave and Steve one the 1st of June and I was headed home.
    I spent sometime talking to Dave about the car and the previous work carried out and the previous owner, who I managed to track down and chat to via email.
    He sent me the full spec list which is as follows -

K-Tec Sports Cat

K-Tec 3” exhaust system

Carbon fibre exhaust surround

Black Pro Alloy intercooler

RS Tuning remap 303.5bhp 352ftlbs

Cooksport lowering springs

Forge recirc valve

Rigid Collars fitted all round (see https://www.taikyu.uk/rigid-collar.html for more info). I believe this is the only Megane in the country fitted with these, and they were recommended to me (previous owner) when I was in Japan.

Pagid RS-29 front pads and Pagid RS-4-2 rear pads

Mr Pink Brembo brake pins

GT Performance boost hose

https://i.imgur.com/G83sUs6.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/CPolJm0.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Nz38Ocj.jpg

So there it is. So far, 2 weeks in...I love it. I've got a fair bit planned for it, nothing major, just some touches to make it my own.

2. aGjaTRc.jpg 6V8uTh8.jpg d2fHx8U.jpg

Pootle, torquenstein and Poppaboost like this.
  3. Stunning car mate, pretty much a sorted spec already. I'm jealous of those yellow seat belts haha.

L14MHV likes this.
  4. Thanks mate, yeah not a lot needs doing, just a few little touches and I've ordered some wheels and tyres too.
    Yeah the yellow seatbelts were another tick in the boxes for me when looking.

torquenstein likes this.
  5. Would like to get some at some point but they don’t come up often. What wheels and tyres have you gone for?!

6. Yeah, I think they add a bit of something to the cabin.

I've gone for fifteen52 Tarmacs in Rally white.
    And paired with some Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports. I have Michelin PS4s on the Tribors so thought I'd see how these fair as they are highly recommended.

7. I've had a few bits in order which I finally got around to fitting yesterday, namely Team Heko wind deflectors a bee sting aerial, and then these....a Forge Turbo intake pipe and a Ramair Proram filter
    Qhq92IP.jpg

A bit of an arse to fit but they look good. I was worried the filter wouldn't fit as I'd ordered quite a large one with a velocity stack too.
    But my measurements paid off and it squeezed in
    6o7xdxB.jpg FCRCk4P.jpg

It does make cabin noise loud and coupled with the Forge recirc it is very....loud and in your face.
    I'm not convinced I'll keep the filter, the Forge pipe will stay though.

Wheels and tyres next.....

8. The filter looks a nice snug fit.

L14MHV likes this.
  9. Very snug. I thought I was going to have to cut the intake pipe at one stage. But I managed to do it with out any cutting.

10. Tex

Tex

Lovely car. Wow @ the price of those rigid collars though! circa 400 USD for... a set of 4 by the look of it?

L14MHV likes this.
  11. Finally got my tyres fitted to my wheels so after I spent all day cleaning the Meg, I got them on...
    They had 2 coats of Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels and I even coated the brake callipers beforegand too.
    eYoHiji.jpg
    XAgWwmm.jpg
    ET4RYq0.jpg AV59caq.jpg

Poppaboost, torquenstein and Aldo like this.
  12. Wheel style, offset and colour really work with the white car!

L14MHV likes this.
  13. The wheels looks great, the grey works well.

L14MHV likes this.
  14. Thank you. I was sceptical as I know black always works well with white. But took the chance on these gloss Graphite, and I love them.

15. Thanks pal.

16. Been a bit quiet, like us all I guess.

Anyway, bought these and stuck on. Think they'll stay.
    hSwDZXJ.jpg

Then onto more substantial modifications....
    W61OtpR.jpg
    A Coolerworx shifter. I managed to get this at a very reasonable price from WG Motorparts.
    And about 2 weeks after it arriving, I finally got some time to fit it, thought I'd have a crack at fitting it.
    Managed to have it all in fairly easily apart from a slight issue getting the selector cable onto the base of the shifter tower. Had to be forced on. Overall, really easy to fit, just bloody fiddly!!
    PiOtCgA.jpg
    dVGnARS.jpg
    Managed to source a cover plate as Coolerworx don't do them. And wrapped it it 8D carbon film.

So how does it drive...Amazing!! It is absolutely the best mod I've ever done to a car! Well worth the money and the swear words invented fitting it.
    Such precise gear changes and so quick. I think it looks bloody awesome.

If you're considering getting one, do it.

17. Shifter looks great, nice work.

L14MHV likes this.
  18. Looks amazing mate, and I suppose it works better!! Fine job that fitting:wink:

L14MHV likes this.
  19. Cheers mate. If you are considering one, do it. Game changer.

20. Works much better. Cheers.