Powerplex Blackseries bushes

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Jan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Jan

Jan

I was given blackseries front and rear arm bushes when I bought my R26 recently. They are still in their box and not fitted.
    Is it worth getting them on the car? Do they improve the handling? I’ve heard they can give quite some vibration?

Thoughts please

2. From what I hear, they're only really for on the track, as far too stiff for road use. However, I'm contemplating replacing all the bushes on mine with the black series as I've already "fucked it up" with the coilovers I've fitted! [emoji23]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

3. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

most people say if you changing the bushes in the front arms go for original bushes, a few have had trouble with the powerflex bushes splitting

Si271 likes this.
  4. Jan

Jan

Sounds like the benefits are minor then if any?
    Might just sell them on then

Si271 likes this.
  5. Let me know....... [emoji15]

6. Jan

Jan

Will do mate, tbf my R26 isn’t my daily, only comes out at weekends for some fun. Weds I’ve got a service and new tyres so will check the state of my current bushes and let you know

Si271 likes this.
  7. OK mate, no worries [emoji16]

8. Powerflex give a lifetime warranty on their bushes, or so they say anyway. Anyone tried to get a replacement?

9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

still got to pay someone to take apart the suspension and fit it or take the time and do it yourself

10. Jan

Jan

Still got these for sale if you are interested mate?
    In the for sale section:smile:

11. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Ive ran them a year now on my 175 and they feel great imo. cant fault them, used powerflex for years and had replacements sent out on warranty on other cars no issues at all.

12. Jan

Jan

Good to know that, thank you

CJ_RSport likes this.