Possible problems

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Justinjgy, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Evening,
    So I am back in a Renault sport and straight away I think I have problems. The car is a RS250 2011 40k.
    Faults / problems.
    1. Clutch pedal feels gritty I can feel vibrations when the pedal goes down.
    2. Clunk from the car when it starts. I think its the engine mount but from inside the car it's strange but it sounds like its coming from the steering wheel or the area in front of me.

The rest of the car is great a few bits to sort out and get it really tidy.

Regards

2. For #2 any movement if you try ricking the engine by hand?
    You can see most of the mounts without removing anything from the car. The tricky one is the gearbox mount under the battery tray.

3. So I have the car going to dealer to have a look at the vibrations, it is getting worse. So if I put the clutch pedal down with engine running no vibration but as soon as I move off vibration. the higher the revs the more vibration on the clutch pedal. I hope its not the gearbox !! engine mounts seem ok but not checked gearbox one.

4. Sounds like an engine mount that does. Probably the top gearbox as there know to break.

5. god I hope so but I have a bad feeling on the gearbox side of things.

6. Could be split DMF

7. its getting worse lol. dealer looking at it on Friday

8. This reno or independent dealer ?

9. Renault dealer, only done 700 miles since getting it ! car has 41k miles

10. Does make any noise rattling etc ?

11. No not at all, odd clonk when it starts form the steering wheel area. Picked up on a bit of a wine when in 2nd gear too at around 25mph.

12. Possible not DMF then, must be just engine/gearbox mount hopefully

13. Guess out warranty so good luck with reno dealers, not all but quite few are truly hopeless

14. Good evening all, just an update on the problems. Well the dealer drove the car with me and confirms there is no problems with the car !! went for a 15 min drive with master tech he drove and could not fault it. I also got sales manager who I bought my last R26 from and he thought it was nice and tight. I have a years warranty on it and just going to see how it goes. I'm not convinced it does not feel right, going to get second opinion.

15. I had a similar fault on a customers car.
    This was vibrating when bringing the clutch up.
    Another garage had checked the both engine mounts and lower gearbox mount.
    I removed the battery and tray and found the top gearbox bolt had wound its self loose and caused the gearbox to drop.
    Ordered an uprated bolt from ktec and rebuilt
    Problem solved
    Hope this helps

Justinjgy likes this.