265 Oil on engine

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by secondborn, Mar 8, 2020.

1. I’ve noticed that my engine has some oil here and there splattered around it, though I’m not sure where specifically it might be coming from. It doesn’t seem to be a huge amount, and I’m not getting any error codes, but I think it would be more useful if the oil stayed inside the engine when possible. I’ve attached a couple of photos showing the oily bits - has anyone had anything like this happen to them, and, if so, what was the fix (if this even anything that needs fixing)?

Attached Files:

2. two are weeping cam cover bolts, if clean and watch should be able identity then loosen and install good quality oil resistant sealer compound
    other is weeping breather hose, replace with better rubber item as factory one gets bit loose after time

Attached Files:

Mircea likes this.
  3. Thanks! With regards to the hose, should I just get a new OEM thing (p/n 8200862776 if I’m not mistaken), or is there a better aftermarket option?

4. About the bolts. If you are going to sort that on your own, you have to be careful when tightening them back. There are specific torques. I attached the picture.
    Nm.JPG

5. Awesome - that's really useful. I had found the torque value on another thread before, but didn't know about the order. Does the order still matter though if I just undo one bolt before sealing up, and then do it up to 12Nm?

6. Not one bit as only maybe couple bolts, use typical gasket sealant with small amount around bolt head and shaft

7. I had the same problem on my 275, small leakage. I decided that I will put sealant on all bolts so the problem will not come againg. I went bolt by bolt and didn't take off all of them at once. So i didn't follow the order, I just used the right torque.

8. Order matters a lot

I can send you later a picture

F4r engine or?

9. 12NM

But doesn't like the idea opening these bolts while timing belt is still in.....

But if you really want to do it Never more then one Bolt at once!!

And don't use too much anti leakage stuff it could go in you oil system and that wouldn't be nice.

Screenshot_20200310_112040_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg Screenshot_20200310_112045_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Kurz = short
    Lang = long

For more stuff or information (but in German) just ask me =)

10. Order means a lot if you are taking off the whole head unit and you are replacing head gasket. If you will only put anti leakage on bolts than order doesn't means a lot, as you are not taking off the head. Just do one bolt at a time. But if you want, you can follow the order of the bolts. It won't hurt anyone :smile:

11. Mhm, I would do it every time how it should be done just to feel myself doing it right =p

The valve cover is under pressure because the camshaft's / valve spring's press against

So just unmount one bolt at all =)

12. could replace with original or any good quality bit hose with same I.D. measurment
    also to note your hose doesn't have a clip where meets the plastic valve so that would promote oil leak should really have clip there