Oil help ppl!!!??

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Supagaz88, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Any ideas if i can use fully syn 0-40 Castro edge on my 07 plate cup? Been told by Halfords and euro parts yes but everywhere near enough online says 5-40.... new to this forum so hope someone can help on here cheers all

2. imho its too thin

Supagaz88 likes this.
  3. Isit? Hmmmm I have like 12litre of the stuff because I was guna do mine and misses car lmao. Only bought it coz they said uno.... I was wondering if it be to thin but as I say Halfords and euro parts said it's the good oil to use....... decisions decisions lol

4. D_K

D_K

0w40 is totally fine to use and that oil is very good quality too .

5. Aw brilliant mate thanks very much for the reply.

6. i personal wouldn't use a 0-40 oil as on start up doesn't offer same protection as a 5-40, its bike oil designed so rev nuts out engine right from start
    but then again if not planning keeping vehicle might as well pass bore wear onto net buyer

rockabilly likes this.
  7. Hmmmm that's what I was thinking from start but then thought would the 0 to the 5 make much difference if it's only for the start uno..? I know it's great oil and no matter what it will be better than the oil in the engine but i do want to keep the car for least another year unless something better comes along haha

8. if reluctant to bin the 0-40 stuff could buy 1 ltr cans of 5-40 and toss that in as well mixing the two, that'll give better start up protection, once oil is up to running temp they're all same share value

9. Yeah nice one mate if that'll work that's a great idea. Cheers pal new to this forum and the thought I'd have some idiots text but there's bin good answers and help thanks very much too crowd on here