Not a good day. Ended up re modeling the front end.

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by csmith8757, Mar 2, 2015.

1. I was enjoying a nice drive in the cold and sleet but this happened.
    [video=youtube_share;oD0gIAlOnvo]http://youtu.be/oD0gIAlOnvo[/video]

2. Daz

Daz

Bit quick?

3. Shit. How fast were you going?

4. To fast. Have driven that road hundreds of times but I was defiantly to fast for the conditions.

5. Did you do much damage ?

6. The result
    22.jpg

7. Have completely lost the intercooler no sign of it anywhere.

8. It looks like a fixer to me !

9. Already in the body shop and estimate been prepared for insurance company.

10. Ouch! Gutted for you :worried:

11. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Least you're brave enough to admit it, and that you're ok.

12. Gutted! Trial breaking locked up the rear wheels?

13. Have to hold my hands up completely my fault. Bit of a sore head from the side window and sore neck. Will enjoy my 1.2 clio courtesy car for the next week or so.

14. Think you could be spot on.

15. Cold weather, tyres below optimum temperature due to the weather and wet cold tarmac are a recipe for disaster in a car with an already adventurous rear end.

Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

16. Was the esp on? Shedding speed with some lock applied really makes them rotate. Makes them very neutral but it can bite - the 205 GTI got a name for being dangerous but the modern stuff can still do it.

Not judging at all by the way, we've all made mistakes and you've been man enough to admit it.

You live (this time) and learn :smile:

17. Oooph that's a nasty one. Glad you're alright mate!

18. Could of been a lot worse. Least you're ok, hope you get the car back soon

19. Ouch

yeah looks like rear brake locker, really snaps away for a relatively straight road

at least you are ok mate main thing!

20. too fucking fast... numpty.

21. Like others have said, at least your ok. Its only metal, learn by your mistakes and move onwards and up.

Big respect for posting the video and not giving daft excuses.

22. The rear wheels don't 'lock' the car has very well judged and adaptive brake bias as well as abs. The rear was unloaded at a crucial point in the bend and the rear tyres break away into a slide.

23. In sports mode. I certainly have lived and learnt.

24. ^^ +1, glad your alright mate and nothing else involved

25. Yep, makes sense.

Too much mobility from the systems and not enough room for error/corrections in that case.

Big respect for being so honest about it mate, it's refreshing.

26. Glad you are ok and car can be fixed. Kudos to you for posting the clip, you might stop somebody else having a similar (and potentially worse) incident.

27. Nice reminder to us all just how easily done it is, things can go wrong so fast. The corner didn't even look that sharp.

I had mine round a monsooned Bedford last year in sports mode and the ESP was of magical powers, catching my bad driving many times over. I guess you just didn't have enough room there.

Good luck with the repairs.

28. On another note, you could of definitely made those bends if you kept it pinned sh*t happens. These cars aren't made to go slow. At least your ok

29. And you were miles off the apex all the way on the left hand side of the road :tongueout:

30. Ouch! Glad your okay mate. We all make mistakes :worried:

31. Sh*t happens I guess, at least you're okay and it's just your pride and car that's a bit battered! At least it didn't ride all the way up and hit a tree or roll!

32. Makes you think ... I've just literally flown home through some real twisties .. could of been me, especially in the dark :worried:

Guess you don't realise it until it's too late. Thank you for the reminder and glad you're ok :smile:

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

This, Also unless your running properly aggressive pads and they are up to temps you are going to struggle getting the rears to properly lock and trigger the ABS.

Fair play for posting it though, I actually though the video was sped up until the impact actually happened :blush:

34. No speeding up. Keep looking at it and realising it could of been much worse. I was going way to quick. Could of easily flipped it or there could of been a tree. I definite wakeup call.

35. Close call matey, could have had someone coming in the opposite direction, and caused head on collision.
    We live and learn mate, to make a mistake once is human, to repeat the same mistake is stupidity.
    LLAP.

36. That dreaded moment when you don't want to get out to assess the damage, how long did you sit in they clenching the steering wheel?

37. Hard luck mate! Least your okay. Me and my mate learnt in his golf GTI that a car is just a peice of metal on the way home from Monaco. You live another day! Unfortunate mate and least it will be fixed.

Glad your okay.

38. Just out of interest what tyres are you running?

39. Seeing the photo of the front end of your car brings back bad memories for when I hit a Deer in mine.

Glad you're okay and I hope you get it all fixed soon with as small a repair bill as possible!

40. Daz

Daz

I personally think you're lucky no-one was coming the other way - as you'd have had to live with that.