NEWBIE HERE! Goodbye Audi... Hello Renault :D

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by mynameisjosuha, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Hey guys! After spending my last week of sleepless nights reading and learning from these awesome Megane communities think its time to come out hte shadows!

Coming from a history of Audi's, I had 2 avants (have a soft spot for wagons... so understated when tastefully modified, drooool) and then most recently an S5 4.2L manual V8 (my first v8, lots of fun that was... until I would drive away from the petrol station and soon realise I needed to find another one nearby... FAST)

Anywho! Accidentally stumbled and fell into these Megane RS hatches and after test driving one, fell in loooooooove. So I got one :smiley: RS250 Cup Trophee (or trophy? Can someone shed light as to whether its Trophee or Trophy cause I DONT KNOW)

Here she is anyway. The Meg. Mockup before and after of the early plans for her (new wheels, plus lowering on the H&R after doing some forum hopping round here)

New wheels to be 235 35 18 (offset 45) which based on what a few others have done seems to fill the arches a little more. So confusing learning about scrub radius, track, torque steer etc... coming from Quattro it was point and shoot and dont worry about the rest it'll sort itself out! XD

Alright thats enough of a diary entry from me. See you guys round! (From the sunny shores of Aus btw)

http://mynameisjosuha.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/NewCarWhoDis.png

Attached Files:

2. Oh and the wheels are called Niche Vosso M204 (Matte Anthracite) I believe if anyone was curious... spotted one online after wheel hunting that had these wheels and it looked unreal. So I copied them... (sorry if you're here) :laughing:

3. Hi Josuha and welcome

There isn't a 250 Trophy in the UK but then i see you are in Aus, so it could be possible, maybe it was Renault trying to get you out of those big Holden and Ford V8's :laughing::laughing:

mynameisjosuha likes this.
  4. Not a great lost moving away from Audi, i duffed one up at a track in the UK, it was a RS4 avant, quick in a straight line but ..... ohhh yes i was in my wife's Mk2 Dci sport at the time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. congratulations on the car and welcome to the forum, Enjoy the car, what makes a 250 trophy in oz land, is it not just a 250 cup renamed?

6. This is interesting... well here, it seems the Cup Trophy got opted with Leather Recaros, 19” wheels, and a few other random bits. Here’s copy paste from the web

“... On display at this year’s motor show is the ‘Cup Trophee’, which boasts a number of special features over the ‘Cup’ version, including Renault Sport Recaro seats (these are outstanding in every way), 19-inch alloys, tyre pressure monitor, smart key card, floor mats, satin chrome door handles, electric folding mirrors and grey bumper inserts (instead of black on the ‘Cup’) and diffuser.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Seems my first track day will be interesting... I think it’ll be genuinely surprising to me the cars I might just be neck on neck with because so far anyone who’s punched the throttle next to me hasn’t been able to stay beside me for long. This thing is ANGRY and comes on boost HARD. it’s like errrrrrrRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...next gear aaaaaaand why do my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard.

8. Megane's are not all about the straight line speed, it's the braking and corner speed that's there forte, there aren't that many circuits that have long long straights so the Megane will hold its own with a lot more expensive and exotic material.

Is yours mapped then, mine is running 388hp and is great fun :laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. That seems to be its renowned strength so will find out I suppose :smiley: mine has been tuned by a previous owner on a dyno and has down pipe

10. It won't end there you know that, they soak up money, not even going to think what I've spent :laughing::laughing:

11. About £6.70 I reckon Ian :tearsofjoy:

12. I wish :openmouth::openmouth:
    Add a couple of noughts :cry::cry::cry: