New to forum - Mk4 Trophy-R owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by terryb, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Just registered and joined as a club member so Hi to everyone.

I bought a Mk4 Trophy-R in March, just before lockdown, lol. So had to wait until June to get it out on track, but what an amazing car this is. Few pics to share for now and I’m at Donington this Wednesday - one of my favourite tracks - can’t wait

65DEC94A-DB72-44BA-AA7B-AEAEB0054B70.jpeg 27BAE5DE-EDD6-4742-9025-D4DAFEC6E87C.jpeg A10BA349-B362-48AD-B122-0F3BBE8B9565.jpeg FDCAD5DD-6BCC-419E-94C1-B61FB04C33E2.jpeg 41480D42-85F1-4800-BFD6-6334A889C260.jpeg 35F84DCF-CC8C-40C5-9037-9810CDC5678F.jpeg

RsMarley, tof73, BIG E and 8 others like this.
  2. Hi and welcome Terry

Wow nice car, might see you at a track in the future :sunglasses::sunglasses:

3. Welcome to the forum.

Incredible car you have there and great to see it being used properly!

The CAE looks like a great addition, have you done anything else to it?

4. The standard brakes aren’t up to trackdays, so uprated lines, fluid & pads. Also used the vents in the bumper (instead of the vision lights) to brake cooling. It’s got the lower rear springs and set up for track, but nothing else at the mo. But I can feel a number of things will happen in due course :wink:

5. Hi and Welcome. Car looks fantastic ! which pads have you gone for ...

6. I went for RC6, but suffered with boiling fluid I think (long pedal) at both Goodwood (pre additional cooling) and the Nurburgring last week. So changed the pads to DS UNO (worked amazingly well on my JCW Challenge previously) and SRF fluid instead of PFC665 or whatever it was.

7. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

What a car, very jealous.

Welcome to the forum Terry!

8. Thanks Feirny - I promise to share my experiences with this car - it’s just so much fun :smiley:

9. wow..i bet you cant go anywhere, without people wanting to look over the car.
    Certainly wont be many of these out there,and good on you for using it,as it was designed for..

manugtt likes this.
  10. I’m pleased to report that there are 5 I know of that are being used as intended :smiley:

terminatorx likes this.
  11. Holly shit!! Another jewel of crown:fearscream::fearscream: Really jealous!
    So, don´t like you the RC6 ones? That´s on my mind for the next change of pads.
    I hope you enjoy that machine a lot and welcome to this place full of knowledge Terry!

12. Very nice.

13. Damn that looks good! Can you tell me more about the "stick shift" mod?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

14. Nice. Do you leave the carbon wheels on or swap when you get to track?

I guess the reason most of them are not being used on track as they are still sitting at dealers, 12 on autotrader.

What have you had before to draw comparison to?

Any other renaultsport? Other track weapons?

15. Oh...... and welcome.

How rude of me.

16. Hi and welcome
    Your car looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh. That must be brilliant on track.